Do you think this is flirting?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Anticipate, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

This happened a long time ago at work, but I still think about it and would like to know if you think this person is flirting with me, or just acting like they're my parent, if they say things like the following:
    "You haven't eaten? You must be all nerves." "Oh my G-d, (my name here), you can ask for help with that!" "Of course we're friends, silly." "You can order as many as your little heart desires."
    What do you make of these comments- flirting, or acting parental? Or just plain trying to piss me off? What do you think?

2. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Would need more details...could go either way.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Doesn't really sound like flirting to me...

4. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

What type of details are you looking for?

5. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

Why did you type G-d?

6. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

That's totally missing the point of my thread, but it's in order not to spell out G-d's name. A personal preference, you are free to spell it out with the "o."

7. slugsgomoo

slugsgomoo New Member

are you Jewish? AFAIK the jews believed that man wasn't holy enough to speak the name of God.

8. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

This is getting totally off topic...does the OT think the coworker was trying to flirt with me or not?

9. fray

fray New Member

I do not. Based on provided data, with absolutely no context, I think they were neither flirting, nor acting parental, but probably just acting according to their normal personality.

10. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

What is their normal personality like, do they treat everyone like this, are they attractive, are you attractive, is there any sexual tension, etc

11. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Context is hard, since I don't have much context myself (was part of a temp job a long time ago, and only worked together for a couple weeks).
    The "you haven't eaten? you must be all nerves" was said when he found out I hadn't eaten breakfast the first day of the job.
    "Oh my G-d, (insert name here), you can ask for help!" was said while he was on the phone, he rolled out of his seat, when he saw me moving heavy files by myself (I took this to be flirty, since it seemed like he was checking up on me while he was on the phone).
    "Of course we're friends, silly" he answered by im when I said I wasn't sure if we were friends or not.
    "You can order as many as your little heart desires" he said when I said I needed some supplies. This line seemed to me to be by far the closest to sounding flirty.
    Also, he always smiled when he looked at me. I know this could just be part of his personality, since I didn't know him that well. But he was really cute, and I just have to know if any of this sounded flirty. Not that there's anything I could do about, but just for my reference for the future with other people, I would like to know if something is flirty or not.

12. Honest Bob

Honest Bob New Member

Maybe you remind your coworker of their kid or something. Just play along "ok dad.". See what happens.

13. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

First of all, we were the same age. Second of all, we don't work together anymore, as I said, this was part of a temp job that ended a long time ago. I am trying to analyze it in retrospect.

14. Anticipate

Anticipate New Member

Not sure if he was like this with other people, but he was definitely very friendly to everyone. He was very attractive, and I definitely had a ton of sexual tension toward him. But I have no idea how he was feeling on the other end.
    Side note: he once touched me and I felt totally turned on by it. A friend of mine once told me that chemistry usually goes both ways, and if I felt turned on by it, that means he felt turned on too. Do you think this is true?

15. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I dont believe that chemistry usually goes both ways. Thats why people often get their feelings hurt.

If he was flirting with you, you would know it. And if there was an attraction, a chemistry between the 2 of you, not just 1 way, you would know it. IMO, its just something you can feel.

16. fray

fray New Member

I still think it sounds like just his personality.

17. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I agree...when you're flirting with someone, and they are flirting back, it is something you both just know and feel. You get that giddy happy nervous feeling...