SRS Do you think about death a lot?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I'm not talking about being depressed and thinking about suicide or anything.

Lately I have been thinking about my own death a lot lately. I mostly imagine my own funeral and my family members being there crying and whatnot. I even think about it if I was very old too.

Or, when I see something about a car accident on TV, I imagine if I was in that situation and what it would be like.

Sometimes when I'm in my car I think about how easily one of these cars could simply swerve into my lane and kill me. We all put a lot of trust into strangers!

I'm just wondering if other people think about this as much as I do.

2. fatcow

fatcow OT Supporter

I think about death

then realize that it is in fact inevitable, so why spend any time worrying about it

3. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

every day but not in a worrying "OMG!!" sense

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I used to obsess about it, however that was at a time when many people close to me were dying :sad2:

It's still my biggest fear, and I tend to calculate the odds that I will/could get killed in certain situations though. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have a lot to lose.

5. Julius

Julius Guest

I always keep it in the back of my head whenever I do something. It's good to have a healthy consciousness of death. Not fear, but more of a realization that it can come at any time. I've almost died several times in my life from not caring.

6. JBunni

JBunni New Member

I know I do. Not everyday. With the car swerving into another lane, or something. Its just so weird to think how fragile we are and how easily it could all be over.

7. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I didn't think about it until I had kids.
    Now the news makes me cry and I fear leaving them behind all the time

8. moneymoguls

moneymoguls New Member

I never used to think about death until my dad died from cancer. It scared me. I think about it frequently but I'm not obsessed. Especially as I get older.

I hope I go in my sleep because I don't want to lie in a hospital bed waiting to die.