Do you see yourself as a jealous/insecure person when it comes to your SO's past?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MIK3, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

Like.. when you hear your SO talk about ex's or maybe... talk about past experiences?

i would think i'm not, but every once and while i kinda get quiet, and said comments don't sit right... the feeling passes and i go on with my day!

just wondering how OT feels about stuff like that and how they would deal with it...

this was brought up at lunch time convo here at work.

2. Jd

Jd Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (getmoney: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I'm the same way. I don't like thinking of past guys she has been with, but I just think that she is with me so I must be doing something the others have not.

3. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

It depends on if the ex has caused issues in your relationship or not... if yes then it bothers me cause problems came up as a result of that person and dont want to hear about them. if not then i dont care... my past is probably bigger than hers...

4. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

yea i wouldn't go as far as saying i'm jealous or insecure about it. but sometimes when things come up, theyjust don't sit right with me.

:dunno:

5. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

well thank god mine doesn't have any past issues, or any that had surfaced at least. but i agree with you there.

6. Jd

Jd Active Member

Yea, I know what you mean :hs: I just try my best to block it out, and move along.

7. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

i pick my battles, and i know these are not battles even worth bringing up knowing everyone has a past.

8. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

friend of mine is like that i never really that about it (no SO)

9. littleweber4

littleweber4 New Member

i hate (with a passion) when comments are made about past SO's that my gf had. but normally its not her that makes them, its her friends. when things are said, it feels like im getting eaten from the inside out. it bothers me

10. Alaya

Alaya Active Member

The only times I recall it bothering me is if it's explicitly sexual in nature/recalling a specific sexual encounter. Not in a "have you done this before?" way... but recalling a a specific time/encounter when it hasn't been asked about.

In other words, it really has no need to be talked about, and is better left unsaid, at least if it's around me. I'd rather just not hear about it.

And, that doesn't even bother me enough to really say anything about it, just mildly irks me for a moment and I'm over it :dunno:

11. arsbu

arsbu New Member

When she brings it up out of no where it bugs me.

When I get curious and ask her a little bit more about it I feel uncomfortable, but then realize at least she was honest.

But ya it does bug me when she brings it out of nowhere. But we have pretty open communications, so it's not like she's purposely trying to make me feel bad. Just that we tell each other everything.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

There's a difference between being jealous because she's fucked guys before you and being weirded out because she's been with 100 guys and you've been with 2 girls.

13. Timer

Timer Guest

Mine, thankfully, never brings an ex up.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My bf and I talk pretty comfortaby about ex's, but we don't go into sexual details or anything excessive. I don't need or care to know about the time they had anal or if she gave him head at a park (none of this happened, I'm just saying :mamoru:) in details, but we have casually joked about the giving/getting road head, funny sex locations, etc. etc.

We're not jaded. I know he's been with other women and I've been with other men :dunno:

15. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

We've been together for a few years now so it doesn't come up too much anymore. Most of the ones that came up had caused issues in our relationship so . . . lets just say it still can get under my skin but it used to be where I could hardly see straight, because of the issues and all the things it dug up. After a few years though it doesn't really come up any more, we've both heard all we need to hear.

16. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

When you have had enough experience where you actually begin learning from them, you learn not to speak greatly or in length about your past experiences.

17. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Best thing I ever heard about this topic was "Less History, More Mystery"

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I don't really get jealous if it's about someone I don't even know. But if she talks about an ex that I knew before meeting her, then yes I get kinda jealous. I'd rather not hear about it.

19. MIK3

MIK3 New Member

thats usually how it happens with my SO. her cousin starts with the stories about this and that... "do you remember the time.. blah blah blah".. while i'm sitting right there...

20. mrflicharger

mrflicharger Put your lips on it

NO. Not jealous at all. I have my girl now, and that's all that matters.

21. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Fairly open person and have had very very odd conversations on the first date. Long listings of their sexual history, who they fucked, how they like it, etc... ODD.

Only thing that slightly bothered me was the fact that she felt like such a whore for that one period of her life and it affected the way she acted later on with bfs and real dates.

22. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Im not jealous at all. My gf wishes I was.

23. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

not jealous about my current SO discussing the past. i was friends with him for years before we dated, so we shared these details with each other before jealousy could even be an issue

plus, there is no reason to be jealous. he is with me, not with any of them

24. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I am a very jealous person and I only like to hear about my husband and his ex's if it is in the negative :big grin:

25. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

Couldn't care less, as long as she doesn't shovel it in my face. Her on the other hand is VERY jealous of my past. Early in our relationship she asked about my sexual history and I was stupid enough to tell her the truth. My history was much, much more experienced than hers and she feels a constant threat from it. After 4 years she is finally relaxing a bit, but if we get in a fight it doesn't take her long to drag up something I did with my ex 10 fucking years ago.