SRS Do you have anyone in your family that you have written off???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SICK GUY, Mar 29, 2005.

1. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

I dont know if "written off" is the best way to put it, but any family members that you have lost hope in? My older brother has always been sort of out of control. Now, Im not suprised by any bad news I hear about him (through my mom). Over the last 5 or 6 years, he has turned into a full blown junkie. Meth is all he is about and nothing else matters. He is homeless and been in and out of jail who knows how many times. I think if I was to hear he died, I might be relieved. Not relieved that he is gone, but I dont know if anyone should live like that for years and years. He doesnt want to be sober. :sad2:

Is that fucked up?

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Wasn't there any way to help him?

4. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

personally, i dont think thats fucked up. then again i could just be a mean person. i have a couple of family members that we have "written off" to the point where thye know better to speak to me or be in my presence. im sorry, but a family tie can only go so far. you can only forgive so much. you can only help so much and you cant help those who dont want to be helped in the first place.

5. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

well, its not an issue of hate or anything. If i see him, I will talk to him. He is just so weird and always strung out. There is almost no point talking to a junkie.

This is sort of fucked, but whenever I here he is in jail, I hope that they convict him of something. Maybe a long sentence would be what he needs to get clean. :dunno: I hope the best for him, but if something happens, it wont be a suprise or shock to me.

6. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

my bad. i tend to take things to the extreme. like in my family if we write ya off, we dont even want to talk to you. we are some mean mofo's.

but even in ur situation, i dont think its fucked at all. u still want whats best for him and if it takes something like jail to sober him up, then so be it. ur right, there is no point in talking to a junkie. nothing constructive or positve will come from that conversation.

dont beat urself up over it though (not sayin that you are). im sure u have dont all that u can do. unfortunately the situation is out of ur hands. i wish you and ur family nothing but the best!