SRS do you Hate anybody?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JohnJohnJohnson, May 22, 2008.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I do!

I don't understand why people always stop themselves after saying it.

"I hate her/him. Well no I don't hate her/him."

I can hate people quite happily. I don't get it :dunno:

Hatred's a feeling. It's not synonymous with homocidal intent. It doesn't have to mean you actually intend to actually kill or maim somebody. It's just an emotion.

2. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

nope, at most i dislike people. i don't bother hating people, too much emotional involvement. if you do something to really grind my gears, i just become indifferent towards you.

3. JohnJohnJohnson

that's crazy, it doesn't require emotional involvement. it requires emotional involvement to be indifferent. i don't have that kind of energy to waste on repressing my hatred for someone or toning it down in my own head as dislike

4. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

I can honestly say I hate maybe one person. Most of the time, I end up despising the people that really grind my gears. Well...I suppose that's a form of hate. So yes, I do hate people.

5. piratepenguin

piratepenguin New Member

I hate jollyogre just.

6. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm counting despisal as a form of hatred

7. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

2 people I can think of, one being a relative, the other being an ex-relative. The relative has torn our family apart several times. The ex-relative has put some of my family members through hell that they didn't deserve. If I never saw them again I wouldn't complain :mad:

:)

8. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

:dunno: when i dislike someone, i can feel my blood begin to boil and wish terrible things upon them. i have to control those type of feelings. i can only imagine those feelings getting worse if i really hated someone. there's a fine line between love and hate because they both use up a lot of emotion.

when i don't care, i just don't care. i'm not repressing anything. it's not like i hate the person and then try to control that hatred. they just no longer exist in my mind, it's as if they were a stranger to me. it doesn't cost me a thing.

i will admit, it hasn't always worked out in my favor. i'll sometimes have people trying to figure out what's wrong because apparently being indifferent is this big horrible thing, but hatred isn't that bad. i think i would be better off if i did hate some people.

oh, i also don't like the idea of someone i don't like having any control over my emotions, which is why i have learned to simply not care.

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Only certain people in the main forum. :mamoru: But when I feel hatred for someone I'm likely thinking irrationally. When I stop to think about it objectively, I realize that it's their insecurities and shortcomings that annoy me, and then I feel sorry for them and take them off my IL

10. Worn

Worn New Member

Most folks I can shrug off as everyone is full of themselves to a point. But I really hate abusive folks with a passion, wife beaters and folks who treat their pets like a soccer ball. Personal vendettas aside, just those type of folks mainly, and I don't stop myself in saying it.

11. kiri

kiri New Member

i feel exactly the same way.

i think the only time i could actually HATE someone is if they did something terrible to someone i love, but luckily nothing like that has happened.

12. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

I truly hate maybe 2 people. Both are/were abusive emotionally, physically and sexually.

13. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Hatred is the big problem ,there's a really awesome thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2517144<br /> in the asylum wisdom that says

i want to be a kind, caring, giving person - i have seen an ugly side of a human being,

and i consciously choose not to be that ugly inside.

Hatred is like a black hole that you get pulled into. Because when you hate someone you become ugly and unhappy yourself too, if you allow this negativity into your life you get dragged down into a state of misery.

Emotionally ,Maby its best explained with money, if you had +5000$ , your life would be in the plus you would be happy, but a bad thing occured making you hate somebody -6000$ , your total happyness would be -1000$ so you have nothing left to be happy about. Or in other words

Hatred destroys your happyness,

That you say you can hate people quite happily is a bit off , most people won't feel happy while hating, and that's why they try to stop. Im therefore truelly wondering if you really feel happy while hating, i think that if the hate is really intense you feel terrible as well.

Negativity leads to nothing, there is nothing there for you. So the only way to live in happyness is being positive. When people are negative to me ,i do not allow their negativity into my life. I repel it, sometimes unsuccesfully, but if people really make me angry i sorta let it subside and then when i've calmed down i will love them again.

Sorta like a magicians candle something might blow it out, but it always recandles itself. I also conciously try not to be that ugly side.

14. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

http://buddhism.kalachakranet.org/anger.html
    buddhism ftw

15. bunnyblueeyes

bunnyblueeyes New Member

It takes a lot for me to hate, but when I do, you go onto my black list...but generally i mostly dislike certain people for certain reasons...

16. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

I hate some people, you being one of them.

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It depends on people's personal definition of "hate."

For some people, "hate" is synonymous with "really not liking someone." They say "I hate so-and-so" all the time.

For other people, "hate" is like "I would like to personally kill this person." For them, they don't often say they "hate" anyone.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It's kind of like how some people throw around the word "love" and other people only say it when they really love someone.

19. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Your obsession with labels is borderline maniacal

20. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

In this case, there is one person I hate.

21. Rich

Rich New Member

Hippies.

22. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

world of difference between dislike and hate

same way there's a difference between like and love

23. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

Just one person. The rest are just disliked.

24. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

There is one person in my past who I could bother hating, but I don't. I feel very very sorry for them instead and couldn't care either way about them as long as they stay out of my life. If they put themselves in front of my car while driving I would swerve, but only so i could sleep at night knowing I haven't killed anyone

25. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

There are some people that boil my blood when I see them and I just want to smash their face in. The few times I did it, it felt pretty good.

In general I hate loudmouths, people who like to power trip, and sadists.