LGBT Do you guys feel that ethnic minorities are more "homophobic" towards you?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Kafka, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Kafka

Kafka New Member

Inspired from a Narcisis thread in the main forum, he was kinda lost on how a gay dude could be racist.

Anyway, I had the idea the reason there might be 'some' racism among homosexuals is because there's an impression minorities are less accepting of homosexuality due to tradition, lack of education, less acclimation to American culture, or even certain religious beliefs.

Correct me if I'm wrong? Have you guys had any experience with 'gay-bashing' from minorities? More so than from your average white person?

Thanks for any serious answers.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Sonadoras789

Sonadoras789 New Member

When I went to the state fair earlier this year, I was with my friends and we were walking by a group of black guys and they were laughing and talking and they said something about one of the guys being gay..and right when we walked by the guy said "I ain't gay...that guy right there he GAY!"..to which they all started laughing (they were talking about me because I was the only guy in the proximity of the area). And what's really sad is all the down low shit going down, I'm just shaking my head at that mess.

3. Kafka

Kafka New Member

Ya, I know the "undercover brother" phenomenon is alive and well in the Black community and is one of the reasons AIDS has become so prevalent there. Even using a condom would be considered "acknowledging" it and so even safe sex was eschewed.

But I guess my question boils down to this....knowing how I've occasionally been treated as an ethnic minority, I couldn't possibly have feelings of antipathy, disgust, or even ridicule towards a gay person. To me I guess that would be the ultimate hypocrisy since I too know how that feels. To me there isn't much difference between an ethnic minority and a sexual minority in terms of what we all face from the more ignorant elements of society. :hs:

4. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

[Y]nQwJYkjUtSw[/Y]

5. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

the only time anything has ever happened to me regarding my sexuality was when i was walking with my ex and we were holding hands. he lived literally across the street from some housing projects and one day we were talking to the train and 2 black men shouted out "its adam and eve not adam and steve!!"

the place im living at now is predominately black, poor, and pretty religious (think harlem 1980s lol). we never showed signs of pda because we were almost certain we would be harrassed in my neighborhood.

i do think that blacks are the most homophobic, and i do find that very ironic.

6. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I'm black and gay. Everyone is homophobic, but where I'm from (NJ) I found that blacks in my area were incredibly homophobic. Now that I live in MN everything's a lot more tolerant.

7. Kafka

Kafka New Member

:roflwtf: crazy you have to go to minnesota to be in a less homophobic area

8. Naturally Baked

I really couldn't give a shit what some stranger thinks, black or white. If you have a problem with my being a fag then thats your problem, not mine. If you are so bored with your life that you need to worry about how I live mine then I feel pity for you.

9. Navvik

Navvik Active Member

I don't have to worry about bashing anymore, seeing as how minnesota is a shall issue state.

10. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I do find blacks in general to be much more homophobic than other races.

11. Kafka

Kafka New Member

Just to like take some heat off Blacks, I have a story to tell. :o

I was home for the holidays last year and you know I wanted to spend some quality time with my little brothers. They're like 14 and 10. One of things I wanted to do was show them some awesome cinema and like really important/substantial movies.

So you know being in California, having the whole Prop 8 craziness last year, and wanting to show them that people of all diversity should be treated with respect and compassion I thought it'd be a good idea to show the 14 year old the movie Milk because it's such a great history lesson that isn't taught in a normal high school curriculum.

My parents freaked. They couldn't believe I wanted to show my 14 year old brother that movie, even though he's obviously aware of such social issues already. Anyway, I couldn't even convince them, they were like shocked that I thought it was appropriate for him to see that movie. Both of them too, I thought my mom would actually encourage it but I found out she's pretty similarly stanced as my dad. .

Anyway, long story short, sometimes minorities just aren't aware of such issues as you know, your standard white American, because they've never had to encounter it. I think it's just a lack of education and lack of social opportunity to get to know someone like that. Fear of the unknown is always greater than the known.

But I downloaded the movie to the 14 year old's laptop and he watched it anyway lol :o

12. Naturally Baked

^thanks for helping us spread the gay agenda, your brother is now a power bottom

13. stevenlk

stevenlk New Member

i find the hispanics and blacks to be more homophobic. i guess the blacks in my area have this macho thing they have to live up to and being gay they have to degrade on , but the gay blacks are super divas here lol. which is such a difference from the straight blacks. Another thing the hispanics are always fag this fag that gay this gay that, but some over do it and be looking beyond metro and i think they are trying so hard to cover up their gayness. Asians seem more neutral around here well the buddhist raised ones . i guess its to do with religion and how their brought up and this and that obviously. but this is Kansas and its a Red state.

14. Naturally Baked

^who woulda thought gays exist in the land of oz