LGBT do you get pissed when someone asks you "are you gay?"

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cedric, Jun 10, 2004.

1. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

It's happened to me more than once, not because I act like I'm gay or I give off any gay vibes. Their justification for asking is simply because I've never had a serious girlfriend before. A couple people I've known for literally a few minutes ask me if I'm gay like they're fucking asking me what I just had for lunch. It pisses me off, because it's so damn personal and they think it's their business to know. I'm not ashamed of it or anything like that, but still it's not something I'm exactly comfortable with everyone knowing yet.

2. philrey

philrey Guest

I understand your predicament, but for me it's reversed nobody sees me as being gay and when I tell them I am they go "really" "I never would have guessed it". They assume I'm married with children.

3. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Well, nobody knows I'm gay yet. The only people who have ever accused me of being gay are basing their opinions solely on that one fact that I've never had a girlfriend before. People who don't know that I've never shown much interest in the opposite sex have NEVER assumed anything about my sexual orientation. I've played the straight guy role perfectly my entire life. The only thing that pisses me off is that some idiotic people feel it's their business to know something so personal. To me that's the one question you never ask someone, even if you suspect they might be. That's something someone should tell you of their own free will.

4. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

It's ignorance. When people see a hot guy, they automatically assume that the women are swooning all over them. If they find out that's not the case, they automatically assume something must be wrong with you - hence, you're gay.

Once you become more comfortable with yourself and you aren't as concerned about who does and doesn't know, you'll actually enjoy having some people ask you if you're gay....if you're like me.

In most cases, people that know you a little better than a stranger off the street will ask the question in jest...not being totally serious. So...I like to shock the hell out of them and simply reply, "so what if I am?"

All of a sudden, their jaws drop and you can literally see all the misfiring circuits in their heads. They don't know what to say. :rofl:

Their brain goes into total overload, because they have this stereotypical image of a gay guy being some limp-wristed nelly-queen lisping all over the place. When they're confronted with a masculine "one of the guys" type of guy standing in front of them, who really might be gay, they are completely floored and not sure what to do. :rofl:

Don't get me wrong here. I don't walk around with a bumpersticker on my head that says I'm gay, but if someone has the balls to ask me, depending on the person and the situation, I'll tell them. ;)

5. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I don't get angry.

People who have asked me are usually asking out of curiosity. Curiosity is the mother of education.

Nothing wrong with educating people.

6. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I love doing that. Even more so with my old job, I would be all covered in grease from head to toe ( :naughty: ) and they would just sit there completely dumbfounded.

My favorite one was years ago. My brother, his now wife, and I worked at the same movie theatre, just different shifts. They would fuck around (literally) in the projection room. The door was usually locked, though I caught them one time. :mamoru: She was a good little church girl so I could read her like a book (embarrased as hell) and know what they had been up to.

Anyway, one night, by boyfriend and I were doing the same thing. Our experience was going to be a lot more fun :69: but my brother and his gf interrupted us, luckily for us the door was locked because we wouldnt have been able to get dressed fast enough. The night went on, they went home, then Matt left. I was finishing up, they stopped back down. My best friend was now there too. Melinda asked me, partly joking but partly serious, "What were you and Matt doing upstairs?" I responded with a smile, "The same thing you and Adam do". She just stood there for like five minutes, then went out, got in her car and went to my house ( ! I wasnt out there yet) with my brother. Luckily she was crying to my sister about it.

She didnt talk to me for like two weeks. It was priceless. :rofl:

7. NOVAJock

:eek3: :wackit:

Good story! :rofl: :bigthumb:

8. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

I get straight people asking me if i'm gay. I get gay people asking me are you sure i'm not straight. Why worry about little shit? I just take it like a man ;)

9. NOVAJock

My kind of guy! :naughty:

10. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

:yum: :naughty:

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

No, I show them my pink tafetta panties...

12. NOVAJock

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I was totally not expecting to get a response like this from you. :rofl: :bigthumb:

13. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Oh, I'm in a good mood. Today I woke up early, went to my old high school for a ceremony and to see a few people, get my yearbook. Well they were doing "scholar athletes" and they called "Corey......" and all the people around me looked at me and I walked up, so now I have a pin for something I don't know. I feel bad for the Corey that really did do something for it, but I should hope he doesn't worry. My school hearted me--they knew I didn't do jack. :rofl:

I also chewed on my friend's carnation because she said it was getting dry.

And I pretended to be at a bistro with my other friend because we were sitting so close on the bleachers and he had an iced latte. :hs:

14. Ecolecua

Ecolecua Guest

15. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I was down south, and one of my cousins asked me, "are you funny?", to which I responded, "Ur always laughing, so you tell me". Then she asked again, shacking her hand. I just replied, "sometimes".

16. dashoe30

dashoe30 New Member

my mom once asked if the guys i was hanging out with were "funny guys" and said that i shouldn't hang around them because she didn't like them. another time she said a "funny guy" called me.

17. CoCo

:rofl: no name, just 'funny guy', like THAT would narrow down who called...lol

18. dashoe30

dashoe30 New Member

in her world...it means "the gay" as magaret cho's mom would put it

19. CoCo

Oh, I understood... I was just commenting that in MY world, that would NOT localize the possibilities of who called. :rofl: