SRS Do you ever leave or receive notes from your SO?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by verbal, Jul 23, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Do you ever leave or receive notes from your SO? Before you leave the house or whatever?

What do they say? Ever receive any creative notes?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

No.

I once left him a note on his car and he called to say it made his day....but that was the only time :dunno:

3. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I do notes a lot. I have mailed letters in the past too (mainly because this summer its a LDR since we are basically running a school relationship during the rest of the year).

I like to talk about stuff in the past, what I'm up to currently, and what I can't wait for in the future. Cute little cards often make someone feel appreciated, and its not hard to do. Even handmade cards work great, although Hallmark does the job.

4. teep

teep New Member

i had a new dress hanging up with a note on it telling her to meet me at this fancy restaurant the other night. the equivalent to that for me would be one time i stumbled home drunk really late and there was a huge water, advil, and a big sandwich waiting for me on the table.

5. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i sneak notes into my SO's luggage when he goes on business trips. When he gets to his hotel and unpacks, he finds the note in the middle of his clothes and he always calls to say thank you

he has left me notes on my pillow when he leaves for trips so i find them when i get in bed that night without him

they basically are just simple, say i love you and will miss you.

6. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

I used to leave them in my SO's lunch every day and they'd say a whole bunch of different things from jokes to a simple I love you.

Three years ago, we got into a fight about something unrelated and he threw it in my face so I don't write any anymore.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

WTF? How could he turn such a sweet gesture against you?

8. Sr20magik

Sr20magik OT Supporter

:werd: Thats pretty fucking horrible. :nono:

9. hbrown023

hbrown023 New Member

I use to leave notes all of the time but I never really got a response so I quit making the effort. The first note I ever left him though (4 years ago) was on his windshield and it was a small card that had a picture of a piece of lingerie on the front and when you opened it it said "come home soon".

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:) that sounds nice

11. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

That is super sweet.

I used to writes letters to my husband, when we first got together, but I had a lot more time on my hands then. (no kid running about) It just kind of stopped after a while, Im not sure why.

I found them the other day, helping him clean out the music room, and realized that he has kept every single one, which was really sweet, as I didnt know that he had.

I do send him little messages via myspace or text to let him know im thinking of him, or something cute or funny that happened that I know that he will enjoy.

He once left a note in the car in a notebook where we keep a grocery list and I didnt find it for months. I keep it in my wallet.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

This thread just made me laugh because my bf is a numbers guy. He's far from a writer or even a big talker. The idea of him writing a note is almost laughable because I'm sure the creativity would start and end after "I love you." :mamoru: But I think it's sweet that others do it :)

13. verbal

verbal Active Member

You know my situation and I've started writing notes. I'm far from a words guy and if I do think of good words to say it's always in person.

The notes I've written are pathetic. :) But I hope they still give me points.

14. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl: That's exactly how mine is! He does leave me these little notes with these cute stick figures he (tries) to draw and they either say "I love you" or "Hi!" :rofl: That's about as far as the creativity goes, but I love it anyhow.

He likes to write these little notes on random pages in my textbooks. I totally love it :big grin: I leave little notes in his pockets for him to find randomly.

15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

My bf leaves me lots of notes, and we email daily (even when we live near each other).
    The last one was a graph of the different elements in teh sun organized by weight and said "a sun for my sunshine" (what he calls me)

Come to think of it, he does this for me way more than I do it for him, i'll fix that as soon as im home.

16. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

she probably doesnt think they are pathetic.

my SO MS Painted me my V-day card this year. if you were to see it, you would think a 5 year old drew it, but it was one of the cutest damn things i'd ever seen and i was bawling by the end of it (it was a little story about us..oh yeah, and i dont cry easily at the mushy stuff). i think he felt stupid and didnt think it was that great, but i show it off to everyone

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Oh geez you have me missing my bf really bad right now :hs:
    That story reminds me of an MS paint I made him when we first started dating and my Arabic was still really bad, its just a green background that says "I love (his name)" in purple letters in Arabic. I hope he still has it :o

18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

awww, sorry :( I did the long distance thing with mine for over a year, and i remember how much it sucked

how much longer til you get to see him? soon right?

19. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I fly home a week from fri, its a 40 hour journey :(

i've kind of enjoyed this time apart, its really shown me how important he is to me.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh wow, that time flew by! Glad it was a positive experience in more ways than one.

21. Mcgovlau

Mcgovlau Лоз Боз

one time I slipped a drawing I did under his dorm room door. :dunno: was a bit creepy though because I'm a weirdo surrealism artist. He woke up to find some hideous drawing of a dog monster on his floor LOL

other than that, no. I just leave.

22. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

i've written notes, left cards, etc. and have received the same in return. i don't make a habit out of it to the point where it's expected, but it certainly serves as a nice surprise every now and then.

haha, one thing i've learned is that if she likes/loves you, being cheesy/corny often times comes off as sweet and caring. it's only when she has no feelings for you or you tell your friends that it's consider cheesy. so don't worry about being pathetic or finding the right words, in the end, it's the thought that counts ;)

23. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Both the bf and I are pretty big note-leavers, but we dont do it on a daily basis. Most often we'll leave one when one of us wont be home for a while/when one of us has been gone.
    The other day he left me one (taped to the tv, so he knew I'd see it, lol) when I got home from a pretty long business trip that just said something like "I love you!! See you tonight!", and a few months ago he went out a got doughnuts before I was awake and left them on the counter with a little note written on the bag. I love his notes and it may seem a little pathetic, but I think I've kept most of them (even the doughnut bag).

24. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

I'll occasionally add silly items to his grocery list. :mamoru:

As for notes... I leave little doodles and sayings on post-it notes all the time.

25. SirBoss7

SirBoss7 Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy t

I still have them. :hsugh: