SRS Do you ever find yourself pushing the limits constantly.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Swak, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I really didn't even know where to post it but I felt like talking about it since its been lingering in my head and coming back and forth into the light. But I noticed out of a lot of the people I am around, I always have this thing for setting the impossible goals. Now that I think about it I am finding myself finding goals that people close to me didn't do. Example being I am 23, and in no way I am trying to flatter people with what I have done, but its just what I do. Its maybe how I find peace.

Anyways... I have always had an issue with not finishing things so when I find things I want to do. I do them. I don't give excuses. I fucking do them. I wanted to get my home own land, so I did. Everyone around me thought I was nuts. But its what I do, and when it comes to business I am the same way. I spend as much time as I can working on my business. People on here may know me as the :eek3: sticker guy, that is just a small test, for me because I am trying to build business relationships with my friends in order to get some of them to work together. I guess in a way I take the reins (sp?) and help guide people to do things normally they won't do. Now the key thing that I found interesting that really sparked me to notice what I do. Recently I have returned back into DJing after taking a year or two off from it. But I constantly practice and learn new things and building my skill as hard as I can. My real father is a musician a guitar player, one of the best I have ever heard. But he never went with it, he never pursued it more than playing with a few local bands. I guess this is where I notice a lot of my drive comes from. I plan on soon playing at clubs, as many as they will allow me. This mid year I am going to produce my first CD, things like this. I want to do it because my father never finished it. Now I think about it and think maybe I am nuts. Am I am trying to find salvation in the wrong areas. I don't know, maybe this is not even what I need to be discussing but I am trying to dig into myself and find why I wake up the next day.

2. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

hmm. you said you're setting goals for yourself that people around you weren't able to accomplish (like the music thing and your dad); are you doing them just for a sense of "closure" or something, or do you really want to do them for yourself?

it's good to set goals, but of course also good to keep them grounded in reality (i.e. i'm not going to set a goal for myself to become an olympic gymnast or something). i didn't really see any goals that you had listed as being to far to reach (anybody can record an album, but if you set your goal as selling 20 million records or something that might be a bit too lofty a goal considering you haven't sold your first one yet). remember that you can set goals in a stepping-stone fashion: set goals that are difficult but attainable within a relatively short period of time (a week, a month, a year), and then when you complete them you can set more. this way you get that sense of accomplishment more often and it should help to propel you even farther than you had expected.

just my .02, but that's coming from a stoner with relatively little motivation and few goals, so i might not give teh best advice ;)

3. Swak

Swak Artificially known as ObsoleteAsian

I do them for myself because I enjoy them, but I guess I am questioning myself about me being content with just the normal things of life. I am trying to figure why do I push myself to do these things when I could just be a normal average person and being happy about it.

4. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

true hapiness comes in wanting what you already have. of course that doesn't mean that you shouldn't strive to better yourself, which in many cases leads to success and wealth. but if success and wealth are your ONLY goals, then your journey and it's destination will not be nearly as fulfilling.