SRS Do you ever feel violent???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JumboJym69, May 6, 2005.

1. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

Do you ever feel like hurting/destroying someone/something. I'm feeling like this at this very moment. I like to fight for competition but I definitely do no enjoy fighting to solve my problems, but right now I just want to crush a wall/picture/window/computer monitor/t.v./person's face. That is really not the person I want to be and I don't know what to do about it.

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Hit a punching bag. Then call a psychologist. Make an appointment.

3. TheAceOfSpades

TheAceOfSpades New Member

whenever something makes me angry i have to hit something.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Anger management classes are very effective. Check with the community center in your area.

5. Lokish

Lokish New Member

Really?? I am doubtful of anger management classes. But that is just me.
    I, myself, don't trust therapist in general and chalk a lot of them up as being active listeners. That and I tend to think that most people the capacity to work through their own problems with a little objective viewing of their situation.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What i always do, i consider anger as energy that needs to get out of your system, but hurting others causes only more unwanted misery and that's why i always guide this energy into other stuff, like i could kill a few million people on a computer game without hurting someone for real :big grin: , it would be :greddy: but still better then hurting someone in real life :(

7. dannycarey

dannycarey New Member

everybody feels some kind of rage or hatred at some point, its a part of what we are. I used to have bigtime anger problems which ended up getting me sent to live with my aunt and uncle who are very strict disciplinarian types, and the structured environment actually straightened me out.

usually, feelings of superiority or rage are an attempt to feel something when we dont feel higher types of energy. meditation is the overall panacea of all psychic ailments and personal problems, but seeing that most people dont take that path, try to find a more meaningful outlet for your energy.contsructive and destructive urges are both manifestations of the same energy, try some kind of expressive outlet, like crazy, intense painting or something. you just have to find your personal outlet. some people exercise, some write, some play sports, some video games; hell, try playing metal drums for a few hours...talk about release.

I personally find that getting out into undisturbed nature by myself makes depression and anger go away, its almost as if seperation from nature is the root of suffering. but like i said, youve just got to find what's right for you. *the best psychologist out there is right in your own head.

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Serenity now.

9. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

Hitting a psychologist always works for me ;)

10. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

The fact that you hold these views is the very reason that you are so angry. Try talking out your problems, instead of letting them simmer until they are so concentrated that you want to let it out with a fist to the face, or worse.

Go to an anger management class. Otherwise... you're going to continue to be angry as all hell, with violent thoughts, and it may get worse.

You might want to try meditation, if you absolutely refuse to go to a pshrink, or anger management classes. That is just you, and nothingness. Google: "Transcendental meditation." It can help us control our thoughts and feelings. And especially anger.