MMA Do you download alot of instructionals?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I was just curious if anyone did this as much as me. Most of my downloads are instructional videos... standup, mma grappling, bjj basics, etc. I just enjoy watching them.

I still just like to buy my actual event dvd's or ppv's. Usually buy the UFC ppv's and then buy Pride on DVD. I like watching them on my big screen and theater system.

2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Not really anymore.

3. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

not many but Marcelo Garcia instructionals are very good.

4. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Whenever I find some that i think may be benificial.

5. Optimus prime

Optimus prime New Member

I have a bad defence with kickboxing and I'am a novice. I read on the internet that Rodney King defence is easy to learn and effective.

So I have download that. I have learned where to place my arms to defend my head, but I don't do it exactly as they do. I do my own variant.

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Not lately.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

I used too because I noticed that I never used the moves in the videos, I would just practice the ones I learn in class.

8. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Anyone seen the video series made by Core Concepts on the art of Jeet Kune Do? I really enjoyed that set because of the detailed instruction. Something you can watch at home on your own time when not at the gym. Books, Videos, etc, are all good in my opinion, because the basics of so many attacks or submissions are done pretty similar and some of these resources can help you slow and down and focus on the areas you need to work on.

9. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

:) best time to do it!

10. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

i download as many as I can get, even though some may repeat stuff I already know, if I can pick up something tricky it is worth it. Sort of like a free seminar.

11. xinster

xinster New Member

bas's stuff is great, all of it. I've seen rorion's stuff and wasn't really impressed. It's very basic, if thats what you need, its on google video

12. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Thats how I look at it. Alot of it I download and enjoy as if it were a fight or event itself... just to watch it.

13. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

yeah. each of my classes is basically learning technique and then rolling for a while. If I learn more techniques at home, it can only help I think. I also like watching the world's best grapplers perform the techniques, b/c it is done so clean.

14. MarcMcGrath

MarcMcGrath New Member

Can anyone provide me a link to download some of these, I'm interested in learning, but the only schools around here are TKD (my friend actually runs one) and im not about to start up with that.

15. xinster

xinster New Member

TKD's not bad for you, i just wouldn't recommened it as something to get started with if your talking MMA. Crocop, Fedor, Loiseau all do TKD. But i would think it better to get a better MT/KB/ground game base before you do TKD so you know better than to pick up the bad habits TKD will unjdoubtedly flood upon your mma game.