Do you buy your girlfriend gifts?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by GiantRutgersFan, Oct 7, 2007.

1. My last girlfriend used to always buy me randon stuff. Like almost every time she went to the mall she would just randomly buy me something small.

So I had to recipercate.

But I actually kind of liked it. She always bought me pretty cool stuff too. Stuff like shot glasses, koosh ball, a book, etc.

But prior to that, pretty much only xmas/birthday or other occasions.

Idk though. What do you think? also I do pretty well in my job so I got money. Im 21

2. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

I used to buy them alot of small things from here to there.

Single now, but when I do get another girlfriend, I probably won't buy her stuff at all unless it's a special occassion.

:bitter:

3. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

it's gotta be a special random. it can't be "i'm going to the mall this afternoon with some friends, expect a present when i come back".

a random rose goes a long way.

4. HYEST

HYEST New Member

I never used to. I think it's more of a girl thing.

5. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Not unless its a special occassion IE Birthday, Xmas

6. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I HATE, hate hate fucking hate buying or getting gifts on Christmas, birthdays, etc. Its contrived, its rarely special its 'hey, I'm supposed to buy you a gift for today so here it is, I am looking forward to our next gift transaction, thank you.'
    however, as long as there is no pressure attached to it, I really like getting or receiving little things that are just 'hey, I was out doing X, this looked like something I would like to give you, so I bought it.' My boyfriend, before we were dating, used to always get me little gifts whenever he went overseas for business, and it always meants a lot more to me than crap others picked up on desginated gift giving days.

7. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

:werd: the only real gifts are the ones that come from the heart and arent forced by some societal dogma.

8. nsane

nsane New Member

I buy my girlfriend random things like lingerie and Disney princesss halloween bags, but I usually get nothing in return. It sucks.

9. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

As long it's not overboard I think it can be nice / sweet. This one chick I was talking to a few weeks ago wanted to know my shirt size so she could buy me a shirt and we weren't even dating.. freaked me the fuck out and I told her not to. As long as gifts aren't expected (and regular reciprocation shouldn't be either) I think it's cool.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I love buying my bf random gifts here and there. I don't expect anything back since he pays for so much already but I did find it especially cute when he handed me his card yesterday and told me "pick yourself out something nice for tonight" :mamoru:

11. Barbie™

Barbie™ New Member

Sounds like me. If I see something that reminds me of my boyfriend [or ANY of my friends for that matter] I pick it up.

My friends don't always reciprocate.. but that's okay with me =] I just enjoy giving gifts.

12. misha720

misha720 New Member

:uh: yes buy her stuff. we like gifts! it doesnt have to be expensive stuff. just let her know you're thinking about her.

13. gmrtech

gmrtech New Member

gifts?

nope... next question:rofl:

14. gmrtech

gmrtech New Member

small gifts yeah, but not crazy stuff. my friends go crazy . appreciative gifts. they can be fun

15. razi

razi New Member

small gifts, every once in a while, go a long, long way.

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

:rofl:

17. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

i had an exboyfriend who would give me gifts every once in awhile, but they were just little things that reminded him of me... like a stuffed bunny, a cd of a band he knew i liked, etc. i didn't like it when he gave me a greeting card for my birthday once, and i actually took offense to it.. it just seems so impersonal. i would have prefered that he made something for me.

i don't remember buying him anything, but frequently i would make things for him--drawings, paintings, and mixtapes.

18. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

And I'm sure you gave him hell for it when all he was trying to do was be nice. :hsugh:

19. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

gave him hell? it was so long ago, but i probably burst into tears. he probably bought that thing minutes before giving it to me

i take him to his favorite place [disneyland] for his birthday, and he gives me a card for my birthday to make up for not rescheduling his band practice so that he can actually spend time with me. i bought tickets to see one of our favorite bands together on my birthday, and i gave him advance notice about it..he commited to it and then cancelled on me at the last minute. i found the minimal effort and lack of thought he put into my birthday to be insulting in addition to my opinion of cards being impersonal. :ugh:

he felt like an ass about it, and it never happened again except as a joke. his friends thought it was messed up too :greddy:

20. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

That's how it should be.

21. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Thats sweet...I don't know what I could get my GF though...Maybe I'll pick up some chocolate strawberries for her next time I see her.

22. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

My boyfriend and I get fun things for each other about once a week. If I'm at the mall and I see a shirt I think he'd like, I get it. If he's on his way home from work and has time, he'll run through my favorite ice cream place and get me some. Stuff like that goes a long way.