Do you believe less sexual partners means worse in bed?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MissKitty, Apr 29, 2010.

1. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I think it's a far observation to say that most people here believe you are more likely to be good in bed if you have a decent sexual history.
    Do you really think that someone who has had more sexual partners will be better in bed?
    Do you really think someone with say one or two notches on their belt will be worse than someone with say 10 or 12?
    Do you think someone who has never had sexual intercourse can be good at sex?

Now I know the answers to the above can always have a 'well it depends' but I am talking about your first response to the questions. What you really believe

2. Reign

Reign Banned

Hell no... the best sex I've ever had was with someone who'd only slept with one other person.

The worst sex I've had was with someone who had many partners, but basically lay there and took it (how boring).

However i am fairly convinced that virgins are horrible in bed and why I won't sleep with them anymore (though now that I'm 28, that hasn't really been a problem for some time.)

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I think someone who has sex more frequently is going to be better at sex than someone who has had sex less frequently.

So, if we're talking someone who has had 12 sexual partners s/he has slept with multiple times vs. someone who has had 3 partners they've only slept with a few times, it's probably safe to say, yes the person with more is probably "better".

If we're talking someone who has had 12 one night stand and that's is vs. someone who has had sex with 3 different long term partners, then I may go off on a branch and say the person with 3 partners might be better.

Frequency of sex is the main factor here, not per se the # of partners.

4. crown royal

crown royal Active Member

I have had not enough sex and would gladly disappoint all the OP in this subforum.

5. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

In my experience, more partners means better. They've learned how to please different people so they have more "tricks", so to speak, and they're usually less inhibited.

6. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

When talking about long term relationships, no, ultimately I think experience with others doesn't necessarily affect the quality of the sex. Essentially I think experience with multiple partners just lessens the learning curve. If you're looking for a one night stand, however, you're better off with someone who has experienced a variety of partners (not necessarily many different ones, but at least a few with different tastes).

7. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

i was told that i was pretty good my first time :dunno:

and no frequency does not equal # of partners. you learn things from other people that you don't from others

8. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

Hell no. Being "good at sex" comes down to how good you are at reading and responding to someone else's body language.

9. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

but if they only had 1 or 2, the variety might not be there.

10. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Sure, I agree there. But, what;s not to say those 1 or 2 partners they were with were experienced and showed them A LOT?

Hard question to generalize an answer to.

11. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Absolutely not.

12. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

agreed

13. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

Sure, there are exceptions... but generally a person's execution in bed is directly correlated with their sexual experience.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No.

I'm awesome in bed, and I'm still in the single digits.

But I bet I've had more sex than most people my age. LTRs times having sex 2-20 times a week for years = more sex than people with tons of partners.

That being said, I strongly believe that like with any other talent, there are 2 factors that make someone good in bed:

1) Natural ability. It's like with playing an instrument. Some people just "get it," and other people take lessons for years and still suck.
    2) Practice, which enhances already existing natural ability.

There's a 3rd subjective factor: compatibility.

You may be mediocre in bed, but for whatever reason, if your physiology perfectly compliments your new partner's, that partner may think you are an 11/10 sex master.

I dated one girl for 2.5 years so we had a lot of sex. My next partner was significantly less experienced than her, yet she was better in bed. I chalk it up to natural ability and possible compatibility between me and her.

15. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

no not at all. my EX and i did EVERYTHING together. i haven't had that many partners but i know i am good in bed. just cause you fucked a lot of people don't mean you are good.

16. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

agree with frequency. I also agree that having multiple long-term relationships would make you better in bed.

i have a very low number of partners and its weird when I start making out with girls (i've also made out with a very low number of girls) because they kiss differently than i'm used to :(

i have a very high degree of sexual compatibility with my ex and we were able to fuck around for hours with each other. hard to bring that level to new girls :hs:

17. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

It's an idea that's not entirely devoid of logic, but there are plenty of other variables in the equation.

Someone could have very few partners, but put effort into being good in bed consistently and learn everything they need when compared to someone who does it all by short-term, varietal experience.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I would never say "less partners=worse in bed." I do however believe it's more common for someone who say has had sex with 10 different people (all for different amounts of time) to have a tad more range.

Couples who have been together 10 years of course can grow and try all kinds of new sexual things, but almost always you conform to what your partner likes and things can get routine.

Example-there are things my SO loves (or hates) that past guys I've been with hated (or loved). Those who have been with more people tend to have a wider range and honestly I think pickup on those changes better.

19. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

don't you mean husband....

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Now that I'm married I can't use "SO?" :confused:

21. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

i thought SO was like a serious relationship term :rofl:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:dunno: Significant Other I always thought was universal.

23. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

check please.

24. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

'Significant Other'

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't think this question can really be answered. I mean you could have multiple partners who were all prudes so you didn't really get any better in bed.

You could have 1 partner who is uninhibited and knows what they are doing and teaches you to be great in bed :dunno:

Personally, I got amazing in bed from practice, not from the number of partners I've had :dunno: For me it was just the amount I've done it, not the amount of people I've done it with.