A&P Do you annoy your friends when they make you use a P&S?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dano, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dano

dano OT Supporter

Everytime someone hands me a P&S at a club or bar or something, I take a pic in auto mode and then realize it looks like hell. I then tell them to get back in the picture as I try to use a manually-adjusted mode and proceed to take 2 or 3 more pics before I'm happy. :rofl:

2. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

I get annoyed when someone hands me a P&S and assumes I'm going to create a picture like i do on my dSLR in full manual with external flashes. I just dont bother any more. Plus they get mad when I frame them anywhere but dead center :ugh: "but, but rule of thirds...'. I used to fight it, now I just dont participate. Story of my life. hmm

3. dano

dano OT Supporter

They never come out right even after manual adjustments, but I just can't stand taking bad pictures. :o

4. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

Their pictures, their problem. If they want me to take it, I press the button and hope they like it. Most people are not picky and as long as they can see their picture and remember what they were doing at that moment, they don't give a crap if its a good or a bad pic according to us.

And I agree with Nick, I hate when they expect awesome quality out of a shitty camera. Then they make a smart ass remark about how "you're supposed to be a photographer, dude!!!". I just laugh and hand them back their camera.

5. themolsen

themolsen New Member

I often look through the viewfinder when someone hands me a p&s and i'm like "wtf?!!?" and then I remember and take pic the layman's way.

i think it's hilarious when i asked someone to take a quick picture of me and a friend with my DSLR and she held it up like she was trying to frame the shot with the screen :mamoru: and even though the screen is obviously blank, she still don't look through the viewfinder and just held it out in front of her, eyeballed it and snapped a shot :rofl:

i just looked at her like w...t...f...

6. Girth

Girth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OT Supporter

You're only cool if you have Liveview!!! :o

7. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Mother fucking dot!!!! :bowdown:

When they hand me their camera, I just compose the shot and press the shutter. I take it how they handed it to me, I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest trying to justify myself. Some things just aren't worth my time anymore.

8. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

I'm not cool yet. :wtc:

9. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

:werd:

10. Finest

Finest OG #93

:bowdown: That's hilarious!

11. alexromo

alexromo New Member

one time at bobs big boy in burbank, i had my dslr on a tripod taking pics of cars and stuff, some chick comes up to me asks me to take a pic of her and her friends and hands me a p and s, then she tells me how to use it

hahahha

12. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

you elitists!

13. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

i love when they tell me how to use it. than again, most of my friends know what i do for a living.

14. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

words outta my mouth!

:h5:

15. angel_locsin

angel_locsin New Member

I usually take the picture by pressing the shutter button how they hand it to me... auto setting usually..

I could give a rat's ass if it turns out good or bad... they just care that all their friends are in the picture... usually they just bought a PNS camera to take spur of the moment pictures while they're drunk at the club...

if i'm not loading it into my computer, and posting it on my site, then i don't care how it turns out.

usually they're happy with it... if not, fuck them.. i'll use my camera to take their picture no problem, but if they hand me a crap shit camera, then their picture will be how all their other pictures come out with that camera

usually i don't mind... luckily i haven't had a stupid bitch tell me how to use their shit camera or assume i can make a nice picture out of a 16MB memory card and a piece of glass

16. dano

dano OT Supporter

I do this too. :rofl:

17. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter