SRS Do you agree with this quote?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Legend Zero, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

The new era of thinking is that we should accept whatever difficulties we have, and be open to discussing it. However, how true is it that the people constantly discussing their problems, pointing out their past difficulties are doing it for some other vice than some kind of therapeutic relief?

I am a bit biased, because in recent years i have decided to screw the western psychologist mantra and be a bit more closed-off, but just wondering what members in the asylum thought of it. :hs:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't make your heart a murder hole.

You shouldn't have discarded this because its a principle that works, id advice you to re-adapt it. To explain why. If you would see a human being as as a hot tea kettle, it needs to be able to blow off some steam, otherwhise it will explode. Same counts for pshycological problems, you need a trusted and experienced person to talk to you. The asylum provides in that, and will ban anyone who does not adhere to its quotation of it being an emotional hide-out for everyone. Therefore id give you the ok and go ahead signal , and just blurt it all out what has been bothering you in life, just write it all down, no one is going to hold it against you because we all have problems and sometimes you need a hand that reaches out for you to drag you out of the swamp. :wavey:

3. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

We all have our problems. I for one experienced a life-changing event that made it a MUST to seek out psychological help. That has since made my life happier. That alone makes me a believer in the fact that discussing your problems with someone will make you feel better, and make the people around you happier to have you around.

You never want to be that guy that is a pessimist about everything bringing the whole group down. Who wants to hang out with a downer?