Do women ever call first?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mugwump, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I don't think they do.

Just asked for a gal's number. She paused, then said sure that would be alright, then seconds later asked if she could call me instead. I hate being a pessimist, but the outlook on this one doesn't look good. :(

2. RoblesGT

RoblesGT [Track Days: 19 ][Crashes: 1] [SuMo Days: 1 ][Cras OT Supporter

i always give my # out and let the women call me ... this way you weed out the ones that are not interested .... but you have to sort of not care from the beginning or your feelings will get hurt ... :hsugh:

3. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

I'd call a guy first.
    I hooked up w/ the current guy after I met him while out of town. He sent me an email. Hi, this is that stalker guy you met in (insert state name here)... ;) We went on to talk about music, books, found out we were compatible in religion, politics, everything.
    Last time he was in town it was all we could do to leave the hotel room. He's coming up here for the weekend. Then moving here in a few months. *does happy dance*
    You just never know.
    Best of luck to you. :big grin:

4. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I don't throw my number around and usually prefer to call first. Usually I find out right away if they're not interested when they reply with "I'm seeing someone right now." In any case, the pause threw me off. The exact conversation went as such:

"Can I give you a call sometime?"

"...Okay, I don't see a problem in that."

"There's no one that would object?"

"What do you mean?"

"...Boyfriend."

"Well, how about I call you instead? ...I'm kind of inbetween things right now."

"Okay. :hs: "

5. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Thanks D, I won't hold my breath but I'll try to be a little optimistic.

6. D

Hmmm, yeah that is kind of suspect. Might be a new babe around the corner though. *shrugs*

7. Reign

Reign Banned

This man knows what's up.... too many people don't figure this out.

8. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Argh!

I'm so sick of this. All my attached female friends say, with my looks and personality, I should have no problem finding dates. I think my standards are too high or my taste is too eclectic because I have to work hard for every first date. I've never had someone I've found attractive throw themselves at me. It's always the frumpy ones. I'm a magnet for hard-to-gets. :mad:

9. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I don't have a cell nor do I throw my number at women I'm only moderately interested in. I aim for the above-averages.

10. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

sure - it happens all the time.

11. Reign

Reign Banned

Heh, even so, you should have them call you if you can. Only if they don't like to be the ones calling should you call.

12. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I just know that a lot of women can be nervous and nonconfrontational, so making the first (second) move can be hard for them.

13. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

most women want the man to call first... shows confidence. also, a lot of women are too insecure/scared to call, even if they do want to call.

however some girls do call first, these are the ones that are either sluts, extremely into you, or weird freaky type girls who find value in being different by doing things girls dont normally do, like calling you first

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I'm not even all that attracted to her. She's too short (about 5'1" to my 6'4") and not very voluptuous. This is one where I'm more attracted to her personality than her looks (yeah, bravo, whatever). It just pisses me off because at my age (26), it's becoming harder and harder for the dating scene to just cut me a fucking break. I'm sick of working so-fucking-hard on women. :mad:

15. RoblesGT

Dont work so damn hard dude, :rofl:

Women like a challenge. I'm sure you've heard/read this before. I always try to leave them wanting more of me, wether it be mental, physical, emotional .. whatever. This will make them want to call me to set up a date or something along those lines. If they are not interested, they will not call and life goes on. I usually meet like 4 or 5 girls through the week/weekend and give out my # to like 1 or 2 ... rarely 3 ...

When I give them my #, I'm interested in more but not that bad. Its more of a social/friendship status at that point and not necessarily romantic. When they do call, I know they are interested and I can take it from there.

Good luck, :)

16. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I guess I would throw my number around more if I had a cell. Think I'll invest in one soon.

17. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

some girls rarely make the first call. you have to make the initiative (in most cases).

18. D

Current man bought one on the same network as I am, we talk for free.

19. Balzak

Balzak New Member

truth.com

20. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

I'll take D: All of the above. :big grin:

21. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

well i think it is somewhat true somewhat not...yea...i believe that if a girl is interested in you...she would call you! i've been dating a lot...and help frineds troubleshoots....i'm not calling myself an expert...but i'm experienced...somegirls just like to be pursued....and many girls have insufficient self-esteem (no offense)...they would think....oh this guy doenst even bother to call me....maybe i aint what his type + everybody need face....so when they feel they are not attracted to that person....they will pretend...yea i'm not interested in you too...but probably she does....just not that deep yet...u know...when u guys met probably it was your first time met or not for very long time....what do u expect for the girl to feel about you? there are zillions of reasons for not calling...sorry about the long msg...

22. RoblesGT

I understand and I agree. I tend to usually bag the ones with confidence. I've found the ones with little to no confidence end up being more work in the long run ... then again, right now I'm just looking for sex where I am at. I figure when I'm looking for the special one, my views will change ... :x:

23. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

:werd:

And I think I'm a magnet for them.

24. RoblesGT

In that case ... do call them when they ask you to and whenever you say you will. These girls work completely different.

25. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

:werd:

And agreed that it definitely helps if there's a certain dettachment on your part.