Do we need a must have iPhone apps sticky?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Feb 22, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Getting mine later today. Wondering what some must haves are. I'm sticking with AT&T-- not jailbreaking.

2. severedties

severedties OT Supporter

In on this...

this is my list i use all the time

iribbit - ebay

uh where - zip code,area code, city search

yelp - food finder by location

moviefone - self explanatory

fox news - self explanatory

quote.com - stock stuff

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Fox News? Bwahahah! That stuff is "news" about as much as it is "fair and balanced".

If you aren't jailbreaking then there really aren't any apps you can install til the SDK comes out.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

Uhm, did I have to be specific and put 'web' before the apps? I figured it was a given since I mentioned I wasn't jailbreaking.

5. severedties

severedties OT Supporter

well i have the LA times on mine as well, but i went off the assumption that not everybody would want the LA times as they dont live in LA

but LA Times > fox news

6. itwasntme

itwasntme New Member

An apps thread needs to cover all apps, both in web and native.... most especially since the majority of people give a damn less about non native apps.

As far as an apps thread goes, now is a bad time. 1.1.3 and it's little "mobile" folder switch from the previous OS firmware has boned everydamnthing. It'll be a couple months before things get straight, and with the devs going over to the SDK and abandoning the "free shit" route it might be even longer than that.

the apps you love so much from 1.0.2 through 1.1.2 aren't going to be worth saying "I like that one" because you won't be able to find the fugger anywhere as the sites are updating to 1.1.3 firmware or pulling the old stuff completely.