Do the friends that used to make fun of you ask you for help now?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Socrates, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Do the friends that used to make fun of you ask you for fitness advice now?

About 2 weeks ago I started religiously following the diet/exercise routines found on here (TY Christophers) and a few other fitness sites.

I already notice a difference, but I wear hoodies most of the time so my friends don't notice. Right now they laugh and poke fun at me when I eat all the necessary foods for my diet. (Usually cause when I go out to McDonalds or somewhere with them and I am hungry, I get the Chicken Ceasar Salad.)

Knowing my friends, I have the feeling that when I am in pretty good shape, they are going to start asking me to work out with them and give them advice. (Most of them workout sometimes, like once every 2 weeks or something, nothing to see changes.)

Did this happen to you? When you got in shape, did your friends start asking you to help them?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  2. Drewski

Drewski New Member

A couple of my firends have asked for advice but they never gave me a hard time when I was dieting/working out

3. Accordinly Done

Accordinly Done OT Supporter

Funny some friends of mine always make fun of me bcs I am always eating and drinking shakes and etc. They told me they couldn't see a diff. but when we went to the beach they were shocked.

4. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

I have one friend who made fun of me, but that's just his personality - he tries to make fun of anything that anyone does. He has since asked for advice (which he has not stuck to, big surprise there).

A few others have asked for and followed my advice.

Nobody else I know even cares really.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  5. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

anyone who made fun of me is now dead

6. CrackSeed

CrackSeed OT Supporter

I don't have any friends :wtc:

7. jonno

jonno New Member

8. Dunken

Dunken Welcome to the team.

every kid that would give me the most shit for working out, is now doing so. they wont ask me for help though, they are to prideful.

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

my friends never made fun of me

10. JoeyCrack

JoeyCrack Active Member

:werd: what kinda friends make fun of you for doing something to better yourself :ugh:

11. Undefined

Undefined New Member

mine never make funny of me, they used to just open their mouths in awe at the amount of food i would eat when i was bulking though. they laughed, but not at me, it was more of a :eek3: :coolugh:

sometimes they bitch when i choose to keep my promise to myself to workout on a busy day instead of hanging out at night with them but they get over it cuz i always bring a few extra females when i do see them haha.

12. Pork Chop Sandwiches

Pork Chop Sandwiches Extraordinary Member

I have friends that make fun of me when I drink water at the bars/clubs. But I do have several people asking me how to get in shape and lose body fat. Unfortunately, not many people have taken my advice and don't have the mental toughness to do it.

13. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Ive always been a pretty big guy but wanted better results towards the end of highschool. A lot of my friends always used to give me shit because I would be the gym for 3 hours at a time, or always eat healthy and pass on fatty foods quite often. Well I did this throughout most of senior year and then once I graduated highschool I switched gyms for about 8 months. Well 8 months later in my freshmen year of college (right now) I came back to that gym because they lowered prices.
    Now I hear from the same people "dude what are taking" "dude, what did you do" "dude, whats your routine", etc.....

I told them, I take nothing and my routine is hard work and dedication. its just pretty funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.