Do rings on girls fingers really mean that much?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by McFly, Feb 20, 2006.

1. McFly

McFly New Member

Generally girls wear jewelry, and rings are very common. The last girl I was involved with wore nice rings on both ring fingers. They were nice rings, I think one had some small diamonds in it. She wore them all the time, never took them off. For many reasons I am no longer with this girl but I was talking to her online last night and she is with some new guy now. Some Karaoke DJ too... seems odd to me, but whatever. He asked her to take her ring off her "wedding ring" finger. That he was like "what, are you married or something" he said the only ring he wants to see on that finger is a ring he would give her maybe some day. She has not removed the ring in 4 years so she said it was kind of a big deal to her. (apparently it was some ring and old old ex gave her back in the day like in high school and there are no old feelings anymore she just likes the ring)

So my question to girls or others with any input -
    Do girls wear these rings as some sort of symbols or to convey some hidden meaning?
    What is with this guy that he just can't have her wearing any ring on her one finger? (he did say he'd resize it for another finger for her)

To me the only ring that carries significance is a wedding ring diamond and wedding band. Other rings on whatever fingers are just rings to me. It didn't bother me at all or never would I assume a girl is "taken" by wearing some kind of ring on her wedding finger. Your thoughts?

2. Bella

Bella New Member

I know what you mean by the married thing, I've been asked that before. But in all honesty it doesnt mean anything, I'm not married but I love the rings that I have and honestly they fit on both ring fingers. But I will say though when I do get some unwanted attention it's nice to flash the ring so they back off. lol

3. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

I hate that. Like if it wasnt hard enough to aproach girls. Now u have to try and guess if ur aproaching someone thats taken

4. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

my sophmore year in highschool this girl would show off her "promise ring" or whatever she called it to not have sex before marriage, fast forward to freshamn year in college she gets pregnant by some guy and decides to marry him... less than three months later they get divorced...

5. johnny

johnny shit, baby

I find a few rings on the hands to be erotic and sexy :dunno:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

To me, any jewlery worn is no big deal, a non-issue to me. All I care about is if I get engaged to her or marry her that she wears those two rings on the proper finger at all times when in public....

7. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

yeah.. she was a good/nice/hot girl... not the smartest though.

8. bigphil

bigphil New Member

my gf of 4 yrs wears a diamond ring on her wedding finger I gave her for our 1 yr. anniversary... she takes it very seriously... I think you can tell whether a girl's rings mean anything or not, its usually not that hard.

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It really depends on the stones and configuration; I knew a girl once who was engaged, but her ring was actually a birthstone ring instead of diamonds. She always just said "I'm not a diamond kind of girl...."

:dunno:

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

That's the game most women play. All I do is look at the ring, and if it's not a 1+ carat diamond ring I assume she is single. Guys who fall for that trick deserve to be tricked because they are not smart enough to actually think about what they are looking at. ;)

THIS is a real ring:

[​IMG]
    Click for full sized

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  11. :smile:

:smile: New Member

usually a ring can mean she's with someone but in most cases if shes not married or hasnt been with someone for a long time it jsut means it doesnt fit on any other finger

12. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Remember, on the ring finger, one ring = engaged, two = married. ;)

13. Jacquelin

Jacquelin I was your silver lining but now I'm gold.

I wear a ring on my ring finger of both my left and right hand -- they are both funky and silver with no stones from Tiffany. I wear them because my mom bought me them and I really just love how they look, but I don't wear them every single day and I do take them off to sleep, shower, swim, etc.

I was a little hesitant to wear one on my left hand ring finger when my mom gave me the 2nd ring, but I told myself I was being silly and wear it all the time now. They have never caused any confusion nor are they meant to.

14. jonno

jonno New Member

:bowrofl: