SRS Do people really want their problems solved?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jadix, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

Or do they need the pain? I find when I am in a shitty situation theres a really quiet voice inside who almost enjoys it. Like I have something legit to complain about now. It feels good to know that my problem is worse than anybody elses around me. Isn't that fucked up? Its like it makes me think I'm a stronger person because I've somehow been through more than everyone else. I know its not true...I know most people have been through 10 fold more than I have. Maybe thats the reason I do it. Because I'm afraid that I'm a weak person because I've never been through anything even comparable to most people.

I feel like I'm a lucky piece of shit to be who I am and where I am in this world. Theres so many out there who were never even given a chance. What the fuck can my petty problems really mean when theres people out there who would fucking kill somebody for a meal to feed their family. I'm kind of carrying this off the main point, but anyway.

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

That's a good attitude that can you get you out of the gutter ;). Just don't get narcissistic. I know of a girl though with that mentality. To me, she did go through more than most people, and she did develop a sense of being a real strong person. The fact that everyone pounded that into her head probably helped too.

3. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

as long as it doesn't become self destructive in any way, I don't see any harm in it.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What you seem to suffer from is the following ' my problems aren't mentionworthy ' minority complex.

Im here to tell you that yes there will always be people with lesser or bigger problems, but that doesn't make your problems not worth mentioning nor worth asking other people to give a helping hand in solving them. In the end you always have to solve your own problems, but asking for guidance is allowed. I know it can be shamefull to ask for help , but i'll just quote Bruce Lee on this.

"To ask a question means to be ashamed for a moment, being ashamed to ask a question means you'll remain unknowing and ashamed forever"

That quote is so ancient :mamoru: But so true :)

5. El Frito Bandito

El Frito Bandito Active Member

This is true, Don't get me wrong I've been through a shitload of things over the past 6 months with the hurricane destroying my shit and losing my g-pa in the hurricane ect. Even still there are people around me with much worst problems...I guess I find comfort in my pain...It really does feel good for one to go on a self-pity party...I don't know thats just my experience...It's like when I'm depressed I actual love being depressed...I don't get it either....

6. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Im similar to you. I do seek help for some of my problems, but in the end I'm just god damn happy to be alive. I have the american dream live, liberty, and my pursit of happiness. Though it's hard and not fun it's still damn better than what I could have. However I do think it's ok to mention your problems and prove that your arent inhuman.

7. Jadix

Jadix The Nice Guy

exactly.

8. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I was given an example a few years back when a friend of mine and I were talking about issues.

A girl gets up and recieves a phone call that her mother has died from cancer. She is utterly devasted. But is able to go on with life.

Another girl gets up that same morning and cant find her favorite shoes that match her favorite shirt. She is utterly devastated. But is able to go on with life.

I know the last senario seems very superficial to some if not most people but yet the same reaction is achieved both are utterly devasted. So problems are relative to a person.

In essence even if you think your problems are nothing they still effect your life in a very big way and can and should be talked about.