GUN Do not buy from...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thunderbear, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

... www.rstactical.com

Horrible communication, misdirected emails, and lead time longer than advertised.

Soy's thread got me thinking. Who do you avoid? Post 'em here with a brief synopsis.

2. Willie J

Willie J New Member

http://www.botachtactical.com
    Absolutely shitty service. They have never returned any of my calls. Didn't send me my items when they came off backorder.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Well anvil arms obviously :big grin: Global Tactical/Denny's Guns ignored several emails I sent about a product I wanted to order. Actually between the two it makes me think that anyone that the arf crew loves might be worth avoiding heh.

I've not bought from G&R Tactical based on a great deal of hear-say that I've never determined to be true or not. Again, arfcom related. Overall I think the ar15 centric vendors seem pretty scummy.

I had a bad run in with southern ohio gun several years ago. My ammo order never processed, when I finally called to see where it was weeks later they just shipped and billed me for two orders...it was a pain getting them to pick up their ammo and give me credit.

CDDN refused at the time to make the bill of sale out to me and instead put my dealers name down making him collect sales tax from me. I wasn't thrilled with that.

Overall though I've not had too many bad experiences though and have bought a ton of stuff. I love AIM. I think the only problem I had was a few perfect condition ammo cans had rust holes in the bottom. I sent them a pic of the sky through the can, they credited me back. I've ordered a bunch there. Brownells is fantastic. Their prices are a little higher than other vendors but their customer service is great. One order from them I got a black dog mag that hadn't been bubble wrapped. it had a crack running down the side presumably from ups abuse. They replaced it and paid for my return shipping. Paul at bravo company has given me very honest answers and quick answers to questions and has always shipped my order very fast. I order a lot of ammo from natchez and they've always been great. The same goes for midway although I order from them less because they're always out of stock on many items. I've ordered several times from buds gun shop and found their shipping to be a bit slow and hard to get them on the phone but they've always come through. I've bought some C&R guns from smaller shops too and they've always been great to deal with. Over all most of the big name gun businesses seem to really take care of their shoppers.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i ordered an AK-74 parts kit from gunthings.com

called brad on friday and placed the order, he charged my card sometime over the weekend but i havent gotten an email yet :o i know not a lot of time has elapsed but the website says items get shipped as soon as the billing happens. i also asked for an email with a copy of the invoice and tracking #.

in terms of botach, i ordered a pair of boots from them as well as a shitload of eyes/ears and havent had any problems :dunno:

5. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

soy,your best bet is to call denny.i know this from personal experience.
    but the only probs i`ve had with any company is....GG&G.i placed an order back in february.they finaly called me last week saying the order was ready to ship...fukk that

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'll admit I'm not much of a caller and have a general dislike for online businesses that don't work well online. If I wanted to call and talk to people, I wouldn't be shopping online. :big grin:

As another data point for ggg, I sent them an order one weekend and they didn't ship til that thursday. Its not as bad as months but its slower than I'd prefer. LMT's shipping schedule seems to be about the same even for in stock parts.

I think I've been spoiled by years of places like newegg, amazon, and B&H photo. If I order on the weekend it should be with UPS monday or tuesday :big grin:

7. mephistopholes

mephistopholes New Member

Gunthings has been very good to me in the past. I think they are a fairly small operation so you are likely better off calling them to check on the order. I agree they should have sent the e-mail you requested, but from my experience with them I wouldn't expect any problems.

8. Keesh

Keesh New Member

+1

9. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

X2

I bought something on there that had the "wrong" price and they didn't even bother to tell me they weren't going to ship it or offer me a discount on something else.

10. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

yeah. i should get it this week then :x:

11. johnson

johnson New Member

G&R is good people. It's a 2 person operation and have to sometimes call back numerous times to get Grant or his wife on the phone. Other than that it's great. I buy from him because he's on m4carbine.net.

Denny's/GTS. Ive been in the store a few times and will not be going back anytime soon.

12. Hooch

Hooch New Member

My do not buy shop is American Spirit Arms, they were the worst AR manunfacturer known amongst the AR world, and the owner, Bob, was a fucking cocksucking piece of shit to boot. Well ol' Bob died a few days ago from cancer. Haha I win!

13. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

I actually dont have any do not buy from. I've been fortunate. Or I just cant remember about them... lol.

I've bought a ton of shit from Denny/GTS. A couple of thousands by now I think. All online. Never a major problem except for 1 time. I ordered several items and was shorted 1 item. A quick email, and Denny took care of it.

GnR, I bought several items from them. They had the best prices on SF lights back then. I havent bought anything from them since they left ar15.com. Dont know wtf happened there.

Oh yeah, also another thing about Denny's. I get my shit in 2 days with USPS Priority. FTW! :coold:

Another place I like is Gear Sector. Their slings are high quality and shipping is damn fast. 2 days also for me. My last item. I ordered at 3PM PST. It was shipped out that day, and I got it Mon. :bowdown:

14. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

what did he do that pissed you off?

15. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I won't be buying from DSA ever because of their customer service.

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

:werd: I've had two bad experiences with them. I won't allow a third.

17. Hooch

Hooch New Member

I was on leave back in 96 or so and bought one of his M4's. The weapon was supposed to have a warrantee. Well the piece of shit short cycled every shot no matter what ammo was run through it. Needless to say I took it back 4 or 5 times, the fat fucker said it was my ammo, they couldn't get it to cycle either. I took it to Accuracy Speaks, the gastube hole was out of spec, they re tapped it, gave ASA a certified letter stating his shit was outta spec. I dropped the weapon off at ASA so one of the armorers could mic the hole to fix his problem, I went to get my weapon and Bob through it at me from across the room almost breaking his window of the shop. Then I went after Bob, the little pussy ran and threatened to shoot me lol. That was that, and now the piece of shit is dead, I hope he smokes a turd in hell.

18. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

gatormilitarygoods.com

ordered 6 ammo cans, and had to email them 2 weeks later to figure out why they hadn't shipped.

19. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Oh, kinda like a fool me twice thing?

20. Burmonster

Burmonster OT Supporter

I got 2 pmags from magpul directly and they never charged my card for them :mamoru:

21. negative zero

negative zero New Member

I've sent emails to Denny's/GTS as well as Bravocompany that went unanswered. Not a huge deal but they were questions that should have been easily answered. I still order from Bravocompany from time to time.

22. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

why would I keep ordering from a company that just frustrates me?

23. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

I was agreeing with you. Calm down, sir.

24. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Sticky this?

25. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: