Do knees ever get better?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by L7, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L7

L7 Mr Negativity

Or is it just downhill from day 1? :wtc:

2. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

meh, depends on what time of year it is...really

I busted my knee up twice and had reconstructive surgery when I was 14...during the changing seasons it bothers the hell out of me and I can't really squat. But once the season is in full bloom, I'm like new

3. L7

L7 Mr Negativity

I don't know what's wrong with it exactly.

I can squat on it just fine. Running, it doesn't really hurt until afterward. Being on it makes it ache like crazy and sitting with it bent for an extended period of time(at the movies, for example) makes it ache bad enough that I have to straighten my leg(at which time my knee pops).

I've been trying to run lately(not far, about 2.5mi), so I guess it's either that my shoes suck, I'm running on concrete, or my knee just can't get it done anymore.

4. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

dpends on injury and amount of time given to heal

5. tetaplum

tetaplum OT Supporter

:sadwavey:my knee does the same stupid shit ....i have stopped training my legs until it stops popping.....and instead of running im biking. hopefully it will be better soon so i can do my whole routine:squint:

6. liquidPoop

liquidPoop .........................

my knee was really bad for a long time from playing basketball and running but since I started doing heavy deep squats its been 110% better. no longer wearing a brace or having any trouble playing basketball :dunno:

7. I actually had my left knee bothering me for about 2 years. It could easily lock up if it was in any given position for a period of time, wether extended, or bent. I actually found that religiously stretching, especially the it band, and slowly bringing in weight training exercises with light loades and gradually increasing helped tremendously. i have been trouble free for about a year now, and am continuing my stretching. i take about 15-20 min. a day to stretch.

8. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I used to have really bad tendonitis in both knees, now they're pretty much fine. They do pop a lot though.

9. therealdeal

therealdeal New Member

I've got you all beat. Some bone necrosis and possibly a meniscus tear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.