Do Indian women like black men ?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by wodasha, Jul 13, 2008.

1. wodasha

wodasha New Member

I remember when I was in the 10th grade last year (just finished 11th) that there was this Indian girl who would look at me in a weird way in the school halls. Could you give me advice and your thoughts on Indian women and Black men ?

Thanks.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Some probably do, some probably don't.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Hi, welcome to OT (I see this is your first post).

I imagine if you posted this in the main forum you would get a lot more answers, but only 1% of them would be serious and the rest would be stereotyping and/or racist.

From how you ask this question it sounds like you are black.

I might as well try to answer your question. When I was in college I dated an Indian girl (Gujurati) for 3.5 years (I'm white). I also had a ton of Indian friends and basically lived with 4 Punjabi girls for a semester :naughty: In other words, I'm totally qualified to answer your question :rofl:

I'm going to assume that the girl you are talking about is Hindu or Sikh.

In my experience, Indians either think black people are the coolest thing in the world or they don't like them at all. I know quite a few Indians who were very influenced by Black culture (in the USA) and go around "acting black" (let's be mature here, we all know what that means). This kind of created a rift within the Indian community because half of them thought Blacks were lower class and couldn't understand why anyone would "want to act like them," and therefore thought that those Indians were losers. I do know a few Indian females who dated exclusively black guys, and they were all Malu (Malayalam - South Indian) and had typically darker skin than other Indians.

For the Indians who thought black people were cool, I think it has to do with their admiration for black people making a name/image for themselves while having darker skin.

For the Indians who didn't like black people, I think it had to do with the negative stereotypes that people have about black people being applied to them (because they also have dark skin) and also because Indians traditionally place extremely high importance on education and blacks stereotypically do not, and so the Indians resented them.

Remember that many Indians still come from very traditional families and will grow up to marry Indians (part of the underlying reason why my gf and I eventually broke up). As such, Indians (men and women) look to non-Indians for hookup potential. It's funny, because even tho the girls AND guys do this, they wouldn't hook up with each other because "Indians don't do that." So she may be looking at you as a hookup but have zero intention of having a relationship with you because you're not Indian. Then again, you're in high school and I don't even remember how stuff works in high school.

There are exceptions to that, however. One of my Indian friends just married and Italian guy with her parents' blessings, but she had very liberal parents.

Generally speaking, for traditional Indians, the order of who they want to date (and who their parents want them to marry) goes like this, from most desirable to least desirable:

- Another Indian from their state and religion (ie. a Punjabi will marry another Indian from Punjab who is Sikh)
    - White/Asian person
    - Black person
    - Not getting married
    - Muslim

The rules are slightly more lax for Indian men than for Indian women. If an Indian guy wants to date/marry outside his race his parents will probably eventually (after years) come around.

It's late and I'm tired. Hopefully I answered your question and didn't confuse you more. Welcome to OT :bigthumb:

Cliff's Notes:
    - She was either looking at you weird because she thought you were hot or because she was afraid of you.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

yes

but its frowned upon in their culture to go outside their own race

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:dunno: I'm not an Indian woman

6. sapient

sapient New Member

Wouldn't it be easier just to go talk to her, see if she shows any interest, and then ask her out? Rather than rely on generalizations, you should go to her and find out for sure.

7. squid

squid braap

Everyone is exactly like their stereotypes.

8. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Their family decides who they are going to be with.

9. wodasha

wodasha New Member

First of all when I was in school last year (just ended last month) I only saw her at the beginning of the year a couple of times but was too scared/nervous to talk to her. I remember one time I was in the library and saw her but I was doing something with a teacher and she (the teacher) would not even let me look away from her.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Not entirely true

11. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

one of my closest guy friends from hs is indian...his sister has been dating a black man for at least 3 years, they have plans to get married, and her parents still dont know he exists

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Been there done that. I was "just a friend" in the eyes of my ex gf's parents despite us talking about getting married for about a year.

btw wodasha I replied to your PM.

13. wodasha

wodasha New Member

I wonder how they'll react ?

14. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

why does it matter so much what race likes who...

15. wodasha

wodasha New Member

Not all black people have "dark skin". I've seen some black people treated better than others (including Indians because I have family members who can/do pass as white) when they are mistaken as white.
    About 50,000 switch to white or hispanic every year in the US.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You know what I meant.

What?

17. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Dude, if you like an Indian girl, just go for it. Even the ones who are traditional would date a black guy, especially in hs, because they wanna rebel. The ones who aren't so traditional would date a black guy because they think it's cool. Come on, man. You are black. You are at the pinnacle of the dating universe. Use it. Abuse it. Get your game on. :big grin:

18. :f13nd15h:

:f13nd15h: Gangstah fo' lyfe

Odds are that she wasn't into it, and just looking at you.

indian people stare. Especially at something out of the norm for them.

Im indian and get stared at a lot, because i have light eyes.

19. wodasha

wodasha New Member