SRS Do I need help?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by machazure, Mar 19, 2005.

1. machazure

machazure New Member

I'm 18 and in college right now. I've never had the best luck with ladies because I've always been shy...duno why cuz I've heard I'm really cute, funny, dress nice, etc.

Anyways, I've had two real gfs...the first I broke up with her after like 3 months... took me NO time to get over. The second one I liked SO SO much and after a month she ended it. Now its been nearly 4 months and I am still upset over her :wtc:.

I've met this new girl through a friend but there is sorta a problem.... she just got out of a 4 yr relationship about 1.5 months ago. I am starting to like her but in the back of my head I really really dont want to get hurt. Shes nice and all but has already told me shes not ready for a relationship but loves to hang out with me..idk. I'm afraid if I hang out with her I will get really emotionally attached and if we dont end up together it will be like a breakup to me and really hurt.

I wake up in the morning and whatever and I feel the need to have a gf...its like I want to have someone to love and love me back. Then I start to think about the one girl who I cant get over... :wtc: and how I really like this new girl but dont want to get hurt.

I believe liking that one girl so much and her ending it with me destroyed what self-confidence I had and has given me a pessimistic view of relationships and wanting a gf really bad but at the same time being afraid of getting hurt...or getting hurt too easily because I get too emotionally attached.

I know this one girl likes me...but I dont want it to be a rebound thing for her after being with her bf for 4 yrs (that will def. take some time to get over...time that I dont know if I want to wait around for...but on the other hand I think she may be worth it as long as I didnt get hurt)

Maybe I just needed to vent...i am feeling better already...but any advice would be appreaciated.

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

its hard man, my SO just got out of a 2 year relationship as well, he treated her like such shit though that she was actually over him while they were still together it just took hre time to tell him to fuck off.

its hard for them to forget about the ex's still, but all you can do is be there for them and be yourself and hope for the best

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Keep trying and don't go into a relationship thinking it will work out just because it conserns you. Just understand that you need experience in dating first before a relationship can be established.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

We need a teenage relationship forum...

5. mahal.

mahal. mahal kita? OT Supporter

give it a try with this new girl. if you get hurt, then so be it. at least you'll learn from the relationship. if not, then you may be missing out on something good.

6. johan

johan Active Member

just go into it and see what happens. If it works out (for a while), then great!

And by that, I mean, do you seriously think this is the girl you'll marry and spend the next 70-80 years of your life with?

So then, on that note, jump in with both feet. You may find happiness, you may find lustfulness, you may find misery and despair. Whatever happens, it's good for you. You've just taken your first steps into a larger world.

Bon voyage.