Do I need an IPHONE Plan to use 3G?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SpunkyXL, Dec 3, 2008.

1. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL OT Supporter

I already have a unlimited Internet plan with ATT..Can I use this same plan for the Iphone and have 3G? Does the phone have to be unlocked or something?

2. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

how much do you pay now? if its $20 then it'll be $30 on 3g. If you already pay $30 it should stay the same.

3. SpunkyXL

SpunkyXL OT Supporter

I pay $20 unlimited Internet..If I get the Iphone, I will use 2 phones..so I'll be swapping sim's daily. That's why I want to know If I need the IPHONE Data plan or not to use 3G

4. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

no the 3g plan costs $30 a month. I dont know if you'll be able to swap sims. Even if you can it would be a pain in the ass to take the sim out of an iphone every day.

5. Shinsei Ryu

Shinsei Ryu New Member

They run scans or have software that automatically scans for specific IMEIs. If and when they see that you're using a 3G iPhone without the right plan they'll add the proper plan to your bill automatically or hit you with tons of fees.

6. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

I just got an iphone today and you need to have a different "iphone plan" There are regular plans and iphone plans. Not sure if that will limit you from using it but just something to think about.