SRS Do I have an alcohol problem? a mental problem? what?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Stereo lol, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Stereo lol

Stereo lol I don't know if I should say it

I love to drink but I feel complicated by alcohol, I really only drink once or twice a week, but I do drink hard when I go out to the bars, and I feel great the whole time I'm there. I'm finding myself now though, spending the next day (or sometimes a whole week) obsessively picking apart my loosely remembered drunken actions in my head and punishing myself with negative thoughts and paranoid ideas about what I have done. Because alcohol is great at limiting your memory I am unsure if my actions when drunk are becoming worse or if my mind is playing tricks. It definitely feels like my actions are getting worse, but I am definitely prone to over analyzing things so I'm really unsure.

I'm not sure that I am an alcoholic, because I don't drink 24/7 and I can still enjoy a six pack with a friend on the porch with out any of these problems, but this post big-night internal battle is really starting to eat me up.

I know everyone gets concerned about their drunken actions during a hang-over but this feels ridiculous

2. FlyBoy07

FlyBoy07 New Member

Sounds like drinking has stopped being real fun for you. I hope you find something that works better.

3. curt698

curt698 New Member

Oddly enoughy, not everyone worries about drunken actions. I think the best measure to use when asking these questions is are you able to control the outcome of an evening once you begin drinking? I could limit myself sometimes but not everytime and the problem I had is that I never knew untill the next day which kind of night it was going to be. Normal drinkers don't have that problem.

Good luck to you.

4. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

see if you can stop.