A&P Do i have a damage lens?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by MB300E87, Dec 22, 2008.

1. MB300E87

MB300E87 Active Member

Or is it just dust on some part i just don't know how to get to?

I doubt anyone can really answer that but maybe someone has some insight. Regardless of what you guys come up with, i'll just be bringing it in to a repair shop to have them deal with it rather than risking having my clumsy ass try to fix it and then make it worse.

Went to San Francisco with my wife and our Canon Rebel XT. We got it because we wanted to start using an SLR and learning about how to use it. We're in the infancy stages of just figuring out how the thing works. I took these pictures while playing with settings and seeing what changing this did to that and so on.

Ignore the composition, lighting, or how the pictures turned out. What i'm concerned about is the squiggle that's visible on the pictures. It usually shows up when the sky is involved but not when there is a more complex subject in the frame. You can see from the first two pictures that it seems to change in amount of focus. You can also see in the third picture its position when the camera was turned on its side to take a picture.

Dust? Scratch? Which part of the camera do you think this could be on?

1. Its very faint here but you can see it in the sky. If you're having trouble check out the second picture for position then look at this one again.
    [​IMG]

2. This time its much sharper in focus.
    [​IMG]

3. Its off to the right this time.
    [​IMG]

2. Spurious

Spurious New Member

It's dust on your sensor or back element of your lens, panic less, get a blower.

3. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

4. Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA OT'r of the Year 2013 OT Supporter

5. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

Yeap dust on sensor or lens back. Get used to cleaning it because its normal and you'll be doing it a lot. Myself I use a blower and if that doesn't get it I have a makeup brush that I use. The sensor isn't actually exposed so you can't hurt it with minimal force. Your just brushing dust off a protective glass in front of the sensor and behind that is also an IR filter.

6. mestizo

mestizo New Member

I got the Giotto and blew the hell out of my sensor and I still have dust specs... am I doing it wrong? Yes, I locked up the mirror.

7. DR-GSR

DR-GSR Old Member

Did you open the shutter?

8. MB300E87

MB300E87 Active Member

because i'm a super noob and still trying to figure out the correct name for each part, can you tell me where these parts are found inside? thanks.

edit - nevermind! figured out where it was! thanks guys.