SRS Do girls not like guys who dont drink?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by nmt6789, Dec 4, 2006.

1. nmt6789

nmt6789 Guest

So I met this girl who is gorgeous and shes into drinking every weekend (normal high school stuff) but, I am not. I've never drank before because its something that doeesnt really interest me. I dont want her to think that I am lame but I dont want to wind up in the hospital just because of a girl.

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

it shouldnt matter, shes just nervous that you wont like her maybe. She probably also wants to have you drunk so it's less to worry about. I'd say have a drink or two. It can't really hurt. But never put some girl before your own interests. I'd say you arent interested in drinking and then let her drink and get drunk. She will probably be really flirtacious towards you and youll have fun anyway. If she doesnt like non-drinkers than it wasnt ment to be.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

its not at all about the girl liking you or not liking you. It's about lifestyle. you said it yourself, she is into going out and drinking every weekend. Are you? Can you see yourself being with someone who wants to go out and drink every weekend?

My best advice is to try to find women are are at similar points in their lives as you. I said in another thread that I now find going after college freshmen and sophomores is usually pointless. Why? They are mostly into the school/partying thing. I'm not. I'm into the whole "I'm working and saving up to get my own place" stage of life. That's the kind of woman I can relate to now.

It sounds like you two are pretty incompatible. You're like me, you don;'t have any interest in drinking...so why bother trying to pursue a girl who drinks a lot, unless you KNOW she is going to change?

You're just going to end up with a girl you're not that happy with.

Your thread title is misleading...it should be "do girls who go out drinking every weekend not like guys who drink?" And the answer is "probably". Why? That's what they like to do. You don't like to do it.

It's simple, really.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah she is going to be down for going to bars and parties. What are you going to do there if you don't drink?

5. Public Enemy Rated R

Public Enemy Rated R Sexobsessedpussylovinman OT Supporter

Exactly. You speak the truth. Having a successful relationship with two people who are compatible is tough. Having one with two people who aren't compatible is almost impossible. In the meantime, I'm heading into my 29th year with the same SO. If we hadn't been compatible, our relationship would have been in the toilet back in the early 80s do to the usual marriage related problems that doom most marriages.

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If she's into getting shitfaced every weekend, this probably isn't the girl for you. These are the type of girls that cheat pretty often and then give you the "but I was drunk" excuse.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i dont drink, it hasnt been a problem

:dunno:

8. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

Don't change who you are for ANYONE.

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Party girls are usually fun to be with and easy to sleep with....just add alcohol. HOwever, if you aren't into those sorts of things....just move on to a different girl.....there are plenty out there. Find one that likes to do the same things you do.

Or perhaps you want to "save" this girl from her party lifestyle. Forget about it...you can't. She's going to do it with or without your approval....it's just a matter of how she goes about doing it.

Oh and there is nothing "normal" about highschool drinking. By it's very definition, it's abnormal. In all states, you must be 21 years of age to drink legally....there are reasons for these laws but you need to grow up before they start to make sense. When you are in HS, these laws just seem restrictive...and they are, for VERY good reasons.

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

All the Jr's and seniors used to drink back in the day.

For every 10 girls that drink and party there is 1 girl that does not.

11. 7960

7960 New Member

"All"? Doubtful. Maybe all the ones you noticed or paid attention to at the parties where there was drinking.

Again, doubtful.

OP, if her drinking doesn't bother you, and your not drinking doesn't bother her, ask her out and have fun. But if she's into drinking every weekend you can expect eventually you're going to get sick of her or she of you.

12. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

not hardly....rarely are extremes the norm...like all or most. Just doesn't hold up in RL.

Having said that, I was a heavy drinker in HS and wound up a full blown alcoholic at 27. When I was back in HS, all of my really close friends drank just like me. However, I knew of plenty that didn't.

One of the facts about alcoholism is that the alcoholic thinks his life is the only normal one. When I was 25, I used to think that everyone that attended hockey games would sneak in a 12 pack of beer just like me and my friends did. I mean I really believed that....it was only after I sobered up that I learned how clouded my thinking was.
    doubt that...for the same reasons stated above.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I live in a huge college town and maybe it is I just don't know any other way to meet girls besides parties... GO GATORS!

14. 7960

7960 New Member

If you only look for girls in bars you're only going to find girls who drink.

15. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I don't drink and even though I don't care if someone else does, I couldn't date someone who did often. Its just something Im not into, being drunk isn't that fun for me. I couldn't date a girl that didn't smoke just because its something that I do so often I would rather be with someone that could enjoy it with me than feel left out, or look down on it, or whatever.