do girls backward rationalize in this manner?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

"that (otherwise hot, socially high status) guy isn't my type"

when what they really mean is "i don't have the looks/confidence/whatever for him to ever be interested in me."?

i'm basically asking if there's a female version of guys who are unsuccessful w women saying about a hot chick "oh yeah, she's not my type" to help themselves feel better about not being able to get her.

2. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Its possible :dunno: I think its less likely though? I think most women can 'get' almost any guy, and most of us know that.

Sometimes guys just aren't our type.

Are you backwards rationalizing :p
    "girls say i'm not their type but really they just aren't confident enough to go after me"

3. demosnat

demosnat New Member

And, for fucks sake mr list, you know as well as anyone that there are a million qualifiers that vary based on the individual besides "hot and high status"

4. rogueslg71

rogueslg71 New Member

no , actually thats what i normally say when i think theyre ugly but dont wanna say that cause then ill have to explain since 'everyone else' thinks theyre so hott, so then i say 'yeah hes not really my type'. well.....okay i pretty much just say this when im not attracted to the guy at all but dont wanna say hes unattractive

5. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

lol no. i'm overanalyzing something my gf said.

6. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

What, have you never heard a girl saying "his loss?"

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

naw, cause we all know those hot frat guys are really just stupid drunk douche canoes.

:mamoru:

8. kiri

kiri New Member

:werd:

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

WEll I'm watching "Beauty and the Geek" and although I recognize that all of the girls are hot, I'm most attracted to the extreme sports model and most of it has to do with her personality, even though she's not as outgoing as some of the other girls. I think it's because she's consistent to me while some of the other ones, one looks like she doesn't eat enough, one might eat too much, one has pointy elbows, etc. When you look perfect every imperfection that you have is magnified. If your personality isn't as good as your looks you might seem more plain than you really are. :dunno:

10. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

is it possible that person in question is neither high social status nor hot

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

in real life situations, yes, they do. but this is more easily classified as low self esteem issues.

12. Pringles

Pringles New Member

:nono::hsugh::fawk:

13. uwofrost

uwofrost New Denver Crew

I think its more a girl thing to be like they are out of my league.... look at the hot ass girls with jacked up looking BFs. You dont see too many "hot" guys with "ugly" GFs. Maybe its just me. i see alot of hot girls with fugly guys.

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

In my experience, when a woman is interested in a guy she will often say she isn't and give an excuse like you mentioned or something silly like "he's too muscular" or something else that makes no sense.

IME, women frequently send mixed-messages. The actual content of her words will be the OPPOSITE of what her body language and voice tone indicate.

Women, especially when dealing with relationships and dating, are more likely to communicate INDIRECTLY as opposed to DIRECTLY.

Stating "I am interested in that guy" is DIRECT.

Stating "He's not my type" while checking him out and exhibiting interested body language and giggling is INDIRECT.

The more I observe, the more convinced I am that a majority of the problems men experience with women are as a result of his inability to decode her veiled communication.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

i don't think it's backwards rationalization. i think it's a combo of anti slut defense and girls just being different than guys.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yail in my thread :bowdown:

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So when my gf sees some weightlifter on TV and says "eww, he's too muscular," and then look at me and says "I like the size your arms are," is she:

a) Being honest
    b) Pumping my state because she knows I have image issues
    c) Lying

You guys have seen my pics so you know what kind of shape I'm in, for reference.

edit - the guy on TV wasn't a pro BBer or anything (because lets be honest, most people really don't find that attractive), but perhaps an upper echelon amateur BBer with a body that any guy would be envious of (think Brad Pitt in fight club but a bit more muscle, and same bodyfat percentage).

18. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i think many women ARE NOT attracted to full-blown bodybuilders who look like freaks of nature

Im referring more to a big guy who is in shape, like football-linebacker-sized and at a decent bodyfat

just saw your edit

was the guy AT THE TIME on stage in briefs and oiled up?

anyway, based on the example she's giving then yes, she is trying to spare your feelings

19. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

No. It was just some dude walking around downtown. It wasn't in a bodybuilding context.

Hold on I'm uploading a recent pic of me to put this in perspective.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Ok here's a pic of me. Possible NWS warning (I'm wearing a towel after getting out of the shower). no homo.

Click here.

My gf knows I think I have small arms so that may be what prompted her comment.

21. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I've seen you - your appearance is not a problem

I too used to believe women when they said "Ewww, he's too muscular." But now I know the truth that she is communicating indirectly.

I imagine if you had been looking at her eyes as soon as he came on the screen they would tell a different story.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

So then do you think her comment came from a place of her not feeling like she could "get" a guy who is "that masculine," like I tried to describe in my first post?

23. 98dirtybird

98dirtybird OT Supporter

too many big woirds did not read

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Thanks for replying and letting me know? :ugh:

25. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Doubtful. I've seen many unattractive women with physically attractive men. Once again, for women attraction is much more than JUST THE PHYSICAL.

You are expecting her to think and react like you would as a man. Not gonna happen.

She most likely was attracted to his body but in normal female fashion she chose to keep this VEILED from you.

But think of the content of her message "too muscular." Are you kidding me? Its like a guy saying she's "too pretty" or "her tits are too big" (when they are perfect 36D's).

The verbal content of the message makes no sense. Muscular = masucline. You don't have to be muscular to get girls, but its certainly something that gets her attention.

She's saying she doesn't like him for having such a pronounced masculine characteristic. Makes no logical sense.