Do girl dig love letters?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nost, May 7, 2007.

1. nost

nost New Member

Do girls dig love letters?

the kind you leave for her to find when she gets home from work or when you've been away for while, whatever.

do girls like that? i donno :dunno:

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  2. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

Are you with this girl? If so then I would think you're safe. Otherwise...eh, not so much.

3. AmeliaDaTero

AmeliaDaTero blue flowers

Yes ^_^

4. Depends on the frequency and what you say, but sometimes they can help, granted the girl must be deeply in love with you.

5. derivative

derivative OT Supporter

I guess short notes once in a while is fine, but once you start writing an essay...:ugh:

6. SQLee

SQLee The OTer That Cares™

Dear Love of My Life,
    Oh how I love you, let me count the ways...

:hsugh:

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

you should always position y ourself in the place of power in the relationship, be one step above her. if you manage to do this, she will value you more than you value her. since she is a woman, at a deep level she will know this and always be struggling to gain value. once there is a certain stability in these two positions, a love letter will be an excellent move, provided it doesnt make you lose the position you have. the best way to do this is to make sure you dont say anything thats more emotional than she would ever say.

8. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Sexy notes with heavy subcommunication are OK.

ie: "Make sure to leave out your chocolate tonight for when I get home. I want to suck it and let it melt in my mouth... mmm... I can't wait!"

shit like that.

9. kiri

kiri New Member

definitely, but only when they're unexpected. if they start becoming routine then the thrill is ruined. my SO is a pro at it :bigthumb:

10. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I've wondered about this. What about verbalizing your feelings in general? Like telling a girl you miss her... stuff like that. Do you gain anything by sharing these kind of thoughts? I hesitant to open up about stuff like that, because in the past I think it has definitely come off as needy/cling, which I'm done with.

11. Memor

Memor Active Member

I've never done it based purely on the fact that most ex girlfriends i've had or just close friends that are girls have, at one point or another, busted out their box of letters from past exes/crushes and made fun of them. And in general, the letters were horrendous, and very funny.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

In the beginning of LTRs, yes.

Note: it has to be established that you're in a LTR.

I used to do the most AFC shit ever in early LTRs with exes. Stuff that I would never do now after learning stuff here. HOWEVER, my GFs at the time LOVED it. They loved it. I'm talking flowers, long love letters, etc. And those LTRs lasted 2-3+ years so it didn't freak them out or anything. So I guess there is a time and a place for certain corny AFC shit.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

No one keeps things just so they can make fun of it from time to time.

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

True, I even brought that up with one of my exes and made her blush - but still, it just puts me off to doing it. I've found other ways to remind gfs that I'm thinking about them, etc

15. kiri

kiri New Member

well it doesn't come off as needy/clingy if you just say "i miss you, i can't wait to see you." if you need to stay on the phone talking about how you miss each other for an hour, then there's a problem.

16. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Hmmm, well if they loved it, and the relationships lasted. It doesn't seem like a bad move then. :dunno: Maybe I've just read to many manuals/forums about how to deal with women/relationships :o

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I would argue that they worked because I had relatively high quality women at the time. Typical PUA shit would probably not have worked on them. They had very high BS/schmooze/douchebag detectors. :dunno:

18. thatshot2

thatshot2 -:-

aww yes i love it when a guy can take the time and write something!!

19. LordOvenMitt

LordOvenMitt New Member

20. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

Just to clear up misconceptions

All the shit that applies in the initial pickup does not necessarily apply during AN EXCLUSIVE RELATIONSHIP where you guys clearly like ech other. You can compliment her on how beautiful she looks, you can send her flowers in fact, YOU SHOULD DO THAT KIND OF SHIT, jesus christ you guys are dating, the game is over. The only thing that's left is being a man and being a rock.

And falconer, you still do not understand what pickup is about. High quality women respond even better to pickup (done properly). pickup isn't about being a piece of shit and an asshole. Pickup is about demonstrating to a woman that you are comfortable with yourself, comfortable with women, and most of all comfortable and at peace with the world. Everything that pickup teaches is simply meant to help you display that. Even cocky and funny and teasing ARE NOT MEANT TO PUT THE GIRL DOWN OR BE AN ASSHOLE. IF YOU'RE DOING THAT, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. You still do not understand these things. You still have fucked up maddona/whore complexes and many other fucked up psychological things inside of you. I'm still struggling with the m/w. it sucks. But you have to get over it.

21. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

what's a madonna/whore complex?

22. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

This part I disagree with. The only time the sarge is over is when you are no longer fucking her. The moment you stop gaming her, it's as good as over.

23. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

that's why i said "be a man and be a rock." you don't have to really ACTIVELY do anything anymore, but you can't be a chode

EDIT: I'm sure we're sayting the same thing. Don't stop doing the things that initiially attracted her (non-neediness, teasing her, being fun), but you don't have to do it ALLL the time, and at the same time, you can be very sweet to her and show your appreciation

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  24. audrey

audrey New Member

I think it's sweet. Write them for love, not because you fucked up and you desperately want to fix things.

25. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

Do it!!! :)

little love notes always make me mushy. dont write a novel, just leave a little note where she wouldnt expect it. I always make homemade cards and will randomly give them to him. He randomly gives me flowers and writes little sweet things down. These are the things that make a LTR worth being over the 'dating' stage!