MMA Do Denis Kang and Kalib Starnes want to fight?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, May 3, 2008.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I have been fans of both of these guys for awhile, but both of them have shown streaks of doubt in their own interest throughout their career.

Kalib has basically given up in a few fights since he got to the UFC, and it seems that Kang might be dropping back into his old habits from his losing days where he basically just finds a way out of the fight.

Kalib drives a Mercedes and Kang lives in a baller house and seems to enjoy having the fighter image as opposed to fighting.

I am sure that Vulgar will flame me for this thread because these are ATT guys. Yes, I know I am not a fighter blah blah blah I am just asking what you guys think is going to happen with these two based on what you've seen.

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I don't know why I even make threads anymore :wtc:

[​IMG]

3. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

you never know some people live lives of leasing and credit

4. Sammo

Sammo New Member

before I thought that Kalib would be too smart to lease a Mercedes with an unstable income, but you're probably right :hs:

5. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Kang NEEDS back in the US asap. Before ATT he was a .500 fighter. He went to ATT won twenty in a row and looked like a monster. These past two fights he's been stuck in Canada due to Visa issues and I think it shows. Lower quality training partners, facility's, overall training ect. He needs to get back to ATT now. His results now are consistent with his performances when he didn't train at ATT before.

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

if you look at the pictures from his training camp, the facility in BC is baller as fuck

I won't argue about the partners though...Bill Mahood...enough said

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

really means nothing.

8. Kuet

Kuet New Member

I dont see where you get ANY resemblance to denis and kalib besides where they are from and where they train.
    And i dunno how ghetto you are, but driving a mercedes doesnt automatically qualify you as a baller.
    And denis lives in a baller house cause he probably makes good bank. And i think his brother has some buisness too. Assuming they live together.

edit: I think thats a pretty big insult to compare denis and kalib. Denis lost his last 2 fights, im sure if he were to rematch both akiyama and mousasi he would stand a very good chance of winning- and I still think he is top 5 MW in the world. Kalib just sucks.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  9. Kuet

Kuet New Member

training with GSP, Nate, Rashad and others should make you good too though. Maybe ATT has just the right setup for him.

10. Kuet

Kuet New Member

Guy at the gym asked his bro how it was living in the big house alone most of the time :dunno:

11. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i unfortunately had to let my bro come in and live here for a bit. Its fucking horrible.

some brothers get along real good and live together, as long as its a big house like they have i really dont see a problem with it

And not saying they DO live together, just saying they might.

12. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

Let me state I like Kalib, he's a really nice guy but his heart has been questioned and for good reason. Why, I have no idea. he's a semi-new parent which could very well be a distraction. He leaves his wife and child for at least amonth prior to a fight to come to FL, that could be horribly taxing on someone. All in all I have no idea.

As for Denis, for 1 I will very rarely if ever flame someone for saying anything about Denis positive or negative.

Denis goes HARD all the time. He pushes and pushes and pushes. He wants to be entertainaing and wants to make more fans and obviously (cause form what I hear thats how you get paid in Japan) fight like a monster. I think in his last fight he just got over aggressive and slipped up. Happens all the time. Sometimes fighters get away with it, but when your fighting a guy who's 29-1 there's typically a reason he's got that record and fighting recklessly might not be the best idea.