Do bar/party pick-ups work out that often?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kf4zht, Aug 20, 2007.

1. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

I have been in a year and a half dryspell, last GF lasted almost 2 years. Most of the time was my choice, I had other issues to work out and did not want to get anyone else wrapped up in them. The rest of the time was due to where I was at (living at home, working constantly in a job with mostly people over 35, etc). Now I am back at college and all of my friends are in relationships. Between how long it has been (I'm fucking tired of being lonely) and always having the 3rd wheel feeling whenever I hang out I am trying to get back into a new relationship.

A couple of my good friends and roomates know this and are trying to help me out, but they seem to be focused on helping me find someone at a party or a bar. Personally I have never met a girl at a party that anything happened with. All of my GF I have met through friends, in just normal life, and have all turned into LTRs. While at this point I would not turn down a one night stand, I would really prefer to find someone for a meaningful relationship, and I don't seem to see this happening at a party. Am I wrong, and should I just pick up chicks drunk, or look harder during day to day shit?

Oh and what are some good ways to start a convo at a party, i freakin suck at it?

2. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

short end of it is that in my experience if you are a cool confident guy who doesnt do anything stupid, once you have sex its 99% of the time up to you if you want a relationship or not.

3. YARGH!

YARGH! New Member

You are acting as if normal chicks don't go to parties or bars. I have had LTRs with girls I have met in both scenarios. Just talk to them long enough to determine if they are someone you might be interested in getting to know, get the number, and take her out and get to know her in a non-bar/party atmosphere.

And a good convo starter for a party? How about "hi"?? Seriously dude. Just try not to do what every other guy will be doing by asking her what her major is, where she is from, how she knows the person throwing the party, etc. Those are boring convo topics because they lump you in with everyone else. Opinion openers are getting pretty played out. Maybe just say hi, ask how her day was, and tell her a humorous/interesting story about your day. Get her to laugh if you can and go from there.

4. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

read the fucking sticky

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

btw, you do realize that meeting people is pretty much the point of both parties and bars right?