GUN do any of you actually carry your handgun with you everywhere you go?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by aznWOOHOO, Sep 8, 2002.

1. aznWOOHOO

aznWOOHOO Guest

is that legal?

why would you do that?

i've always thought it isn't safe to do so because there are a lot of people out there with no self control

2. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Yes, it's legal with a concealed carry license, so long as you don't carry it into certain restricted places.

Why? Because I don't trust humanity and I would rather be able to protect my life and the lives of my loved ones than wait 10+ minutes for a blue and white to show up.

It's because of the people with no self control that I carry. It's not as if someone will be able to make a grab for my pistol, seeing as it's rare that people know when I carry. I'm also naturally cautious of how close people get to me, what they're doing, what their possible intent is, etc. You could call it paranoia, but it's controlled. I just like to be extremely aware of my surroundings.

3. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

Yes, if you get a CCW permit.

Because the constitution says I can. Also because I have the right to defend myself, if need be.

ditto with what Impreza said, there are some really nutjobs out there.

4. WyldOrchid

WyldOrchid Guest

Depends where you live and depends where Im going... :rl:

5. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

I don't, but we don't have CCW in Ohio. I'm all for it if you can do it legally. What the liberals don't tell you is everywhere that adopted CCW, the crime rate drops. I'm not for it if you like to draw at any sign of trouble. Deploying a weapon is a last resort only.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i have a permit to legally carry concealed and unless i'm going somewhere like court or out drinking, i normally have a weapon on me.

Why would i do it? Same reason i wear my seatbelt....sometimes life happens and i like being belted in tight and ready when it does.

7. Potomac Pat

Potomac Pat Guest

YUP !!!

I carry my Baretta 92fs w/ me everywhere I go. It's not the cheap one made in Accokeek, Maryland either. :bowdown:

For home defense I have a police model Remington 870, and my pride & joy Sig Sauer P228. That and I have 6 dogs.:p

8. ae86

ae86 Guest

9. phatpat

phatpat I got.....

You can carry one in Australia if you got the money to get a Queen's permit.

10. kellyclan

Australia has a QUEEN? :eek:

11. phatpat

phatpat I got.....

yep, the Queen of England!

12. terminator1010

terminator1010 Eld

I would really like to carry, for the reasons others have stated. But since I live in Canada it ain't going to happen. Stupid Canadian gun laws.

13. TGizzle

TGizzle Pimpin' the 2K8 OT Supporter

Wisconsin is one of 6 states that doesn't let citizens get a concealed permit but we are fighting tough for it!!!! :) If McCallum wins govenor again, the bill will be put in place.

14. nordaim

nordaim Guest

I am getting back into the habit of carrying everywhere other than work, drinking, or in places restricted by law. It feels strange *not* to carry anymore.

Thankfully in PA you can carry into a courthouse, but must store your weapon at an appropriate facility at the courthouse. If the courthouse you are in does not provide such a facility it is considered the fault of the courthouse, not the citizen.

15. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

I think that the reason why Texas doesn't allow us to carry in court houses is because of the potential for a convict to get loose and make a grab for a gun...I think most courtroom guards now use tazers, mace, and the good ol' extendable batons :bigthumb:

16. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Active Member

I carry a pistol with me everywhere I go. I also have a CCW.

17. damarksman

damarksman Guest

I dont have a gun, but sh*t the sniper is around my area, i think i need to start carrying one.

18. kellyclan

FL is fairly carry friendly. It's called a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWL) in FL. You can go to the state website and have the application sent to you here: http://licgweb.dos.state.fl.us/license/forms.html

You want a Concealed Weapon or Firearm application.

19. deevee8

deevee8 d e v i a t e

I hope WI does pass the CCW law.. :)

on another note.. McCallum NEVER was elected GOV. He was given the seat due to Tommy leaving..
    :o

20. playrude88

playrude88 Guest

i live in ohio. is it legal to get some kind of certification to carry a handgun? i drive through some pretty bad neighborhoods on a daily basis and i have heard of my friends getting car-jacked and have seen people get robbed. so i would like to carry. what do i have to do?

21. who

who Guest

I carry in Va. I have a permit, and extensive training. If your going to apply for a concealment permit please make sure that your well trained.

22. kellyclan

Ohio currently does not permit the lawful carry of concealed weapons, whether on your person or in your car.

23. playrude88

playrude88 Guest

that sux. i went to the police academy b/c (for some reason) i wanted to be a cop. so i have extensive training with a handgun. i just didnt remember if we had a law letting us carry a concealed weapon with a permit or not. when do you think ohio will let us? anytime in the near future?

24. kellyclan

:dunno: Couldn't say, i don't really follow OH politics. You'd need to get reps into office that would support an amendment to the state constitution allowing citizens to carry.

Write letters to your representatives now and research which candidates would support lawful carry if elected next elections. Don't bitch about the law if you're not trying to fix it. ;)

25. 4GotNSpeedS

4GotNSpeedS Guest

Yeah, no shit... I live about an hour away from the two shootings in Fredkb. but still... it leaves you looking behind your shoulder whenever you get out of your car.