WEB Do all affiliate programs have conditions like this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

1. rules saying you don't get paid unless you make sales from 5 or more different credit card numbers (seems to piss off newbies)

2. deductions for "dormant" accounts?

I just read these as the biggest problems with clickbank. Do other affiliates do this, too?

2. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

none of the ones i have read have anything like that

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

even CB? i saw that one a CB users forum. maybe it was a smear?

4. Pepsi1975

Pepsi1975 Mod of the Year

i have not read clickbank's terms so i don't know

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

1. only clickbank that I know of. But you can also buy things using your own link so that can help get rid of some of that.

2. only ones I know of that do it is clickbank (though not too much) and CJ. I fucking hate that and think it's one of the biggest scams networks do (at least thought two). It's fine if you can get traffic and sales, even just a little bit, here and there. As long as you get one lead every few months you are fine. But if you earn some money then get busy promoting offers on another network and forget about the balance in one of those two accounts they start fucking you with fees. CJ is worse than clickbank I think but both suck when it comes to that.

CJ used to just terminate "dormant" accounts which also pissed me the fuck off. I'd spend tons of time entering all my sites, applying to various merchants and all that and then not promote anything for a while and all of a sudden they close my account and I have to do it all over again. Then they came up with the bright idea to first drain your account by charging "dormancy" fees and then when you have under $10 they take it and close your account.

So in essence, you could work to get some sales and earn $99.99 in your account but since it's not $100 you don't get paid out. But say you get busy or have other things to do and don't promote and get any sales at all you could basically end up giving it all back to CJ over time and end up with a closed account in the end. Fucking scam lol. I know for a fact it doesn't use up that much resources, harddrive space or bandwidth to keep my account active.

But again, if you are getting at least one sale/lead every few months then you don't have to worry about it at all.

BTW anyone need anything from clickbank at all lol? I'll give you $5 towards the purchase of it if you use my link lol. I'm going get charged that anyway heh. :mamoru:

6. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

oh you can buy thru your own links at clickbank?

so if you're at like $99 and want a paycheck you can buy some $5 product somewhere that pays like $2 commission and that will upt you at $101 and then you get paid? lol.

7. 07

07 18-1

you also have to have purchases from 5 different visas and mastercards or whatever it is.

8. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

that's retarded. like it just seems like a stupid scam rule.

plus i only have 3 credit cards myself :mamoru:

9. 07

07 18-1

Both Visa and mastercard?

Do they have online account number creations? Some of mine do.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I have a Visa, a Mastercard, and a Discover :dunno:

What's an online account number creation?

11. 07

07 18-1

Internet purchases. The company lets you create separate account numbers for "safer" online purchases. You can put a expiration limit, and $ limit on it, and usually can only use it once. I know Paypal and Citi offers this. (ones I use)

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

that's pretty cool. One of my cards is Citi.

So you could do 5 purchases w different numbers like that, huh.

13. Ebtek

Ebtek Afraid of 138

brb opening 5 visas

14. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

It probably is a way for them to have to make less payouts overall but also probably some form of fraud prevention on their part. I'm sure there are plenty of people that have screwed them over at some point.

It sucks though, unless you are doing any kind of volume.