DNS type problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kix, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Kix

Kix Jailbait tested, Milf approved

Ok, so ill be browsing or whatever, and then all of the sudden it cannot find the page, and my aim doesnt work, exactly like i cant find the dns server or something. But... it seems to not be a DNS problem because i dont get the same problem while using the same modem on my laptop. so are there any reasons that my modem or driver would just shit out at about 10 minutes? anyboey had this happen? ive done a clean install of windows and all updated drivers and im at a loss. i know its a hard question to answer but im just tossin it out

2. velkropie

velkropie Guest

can you please explain your problem without the twelve year old valley talk...i can help you with this...but do not type like you speak...please

3. Kix

After ten minutes of browsing, my dsl does not work anymore. It is as if there is a DNS problem. But it cannot be a DNS problem because when i use the same connection on a different computer it works fine. I have re-installed everything on this computer with no avail.

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Chances are, it's not a DNS problem but a connectivity problem. You ping a known site (ping www.sony.com), write down the IP, and then ping the IP. Same results means no DNS issue, if only the second test works (you have to know the IP before hand obviously), then you have a DNS issue.

5. Kix

ok, so it looks like its an XPCOM problem, when i go to log off it says the whole deal about not being able to shut down XPCOM:Event Reciever. i have found like 3 other people with the same problem, but cant find a work around.

I know that XPCOM is used by Firefox, but i seem to have the same problem with IE. God this sucks my ass.

Any body know anything about XPCOM?