DLP TV opinion v.EducateMe (samsung)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Giraffe, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Giraffe

Giraffe Are you gangsters? No, we are russians!

I am considering purchasing a Samsung HLR5067 (WAX/XA)
    Does anyone have any experience with this TV, or maybe the previous iterations of this model?
    I have minimal knowledge of this topic in general (i'm stuck in the analog age in everything besides PC and Music).
    After reading this if you think of anything go ahead and post it even if you think it's useless. Also keep in mind that I can get this TV for $1500 delivery incl. Thanks OT!

2. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

good price, certainly.

I'm not familiar with that particular model (it's most likely on avsforums if you're interested in user reviews and suggestions) but I do know that DLP technology is coming out with a few new things later this year. One is a shorter throw for the RP DLP TVs so that they can get down to about 10" deep (the one you're looking at is 14" deep). Additionally they have a color correction ASIC that'll enter consumer products later this year that will increse how good the picture looks.

But then, if you wait, you won't be able to get one at that price until next year sometime, and I'm sure you don't want to wait that long :)

I generally suggest that people go look at it in a store if nothing else. That way you know exactly what you're purchasing. Beyond that, I would go to avsforums and see if there's an existing thread about that TV.

3. samm

samm Next in Line

I have the HLN567W model. Great TV, $1500 is a good price for the 50" model.