DJ program with AutoMix

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Pseudonym, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

I need help finding a stable program that i can DJ dances and weddings with. I need something stable that won't crash in the middle of a set, has a good library system, and has an automixing feauture that can mix from a playlist. I have looked everywhere.. i've tried traktor, but it doesn't have an automix feature with auto-cross fade. maybe i am being picky, but the most important think is stability.. which has been hard to find. also, i'm on a tight budget, so freeware, or oinkware would be prefered.

please help!

2. Eye For The Winter

Eye For The Winter New Member

iTunes will crossfade.

3. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

ya - and i've used that sometimes... it doesn't have some of the other more complex features that i would like, but it does get the job done. right now i'm looking into Traktor's Beatport Player.. it's not bad either except for it's PPC and doesn't have monitoring capabilites.

4. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

PCDJ :dunno:

5. verbal

verbal Active Member

Why would want an automix feature? It makes you look bad. I definitely wouldn't hire you if I found out you used a feature like that. In fact, I think I'd fire you on the spot if I found you using the feature.

Why pay someone to play a CD when I could do the same thing myself? I'm hiring your for your mixing skills, not for turning on a feature.

6. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

He doesn't really sound like a professional to me. Maybe just a friends/family thing? Either way, wedding DJ's rarely have "mixing skills" in my experience.

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i'm definitely not a professional.. it's for my sister's friends wedding.. she has no budget, so she asked me if i would play some music for her. i definitely know where you are coming from, but for this event - i want something that i can pretty much set and go.

8. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

i found an autoplay in Traktor so for stuff like this wedding i can set it and leave it, but for other stuff i can mix it.