SRS Divorce court/ custody issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tainted beef, Jun 5, 2009.

1. tainted beef

tainted beef I got Grape Nuts

Posted this in the main forum and getting the "usual" responses so I just wanted to post here and possibly offer encouragement to any fathers going through a divorce-

I go to divorce court June 23rd after she left Aug 30th 2008. Finally I will get a court order declaring my equal time with my chilrens :bowdown: She been controlling all visitation/custody for too long. I am so glad the laws have changed ( at least in ga) regarding child support and custody. If she wants to be stupid and spilt fine, but my kids didn't want a divorce from their Dad so it's time for me to have equal time to raise my kids! :x:

2. djshotglass

djshotglass New Member

I'm kind of ignorant as I've never been married, but how did she control custody of the kids before the court case?

3. tainted beef

Well, when the woman leaves she can take the kids, thus she has custody. Letting me have them every other weekend. I want them more than that as that is not equal. I want some "during th eweek time"

4. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Its about time the man starts to take back some control :cool: women get too much in a divorce settlement and make it mostly about them

5. 7960

7960 New Member

A friend of mine divorced his lawyer wife. He got custody, the house, and she's making child support payments to him.

I guess equal rights are on the way...........it's slow, but they're coming.

Good luck.

6. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

I hope it all goes well for you. Court proceedings are never straight forward or simple.

7. tainted beef

I am asking for every Tues & Weds they spend the night. then the usual every other weekend. She lives 9/10 of a mile away from me. Same school, same school bus etc. She is wanting me to only have teus & weds every other week...ugh. She claims it is unstable for them to be here every week?! wtf, it became unstable when you filed for divorce...

two weeks ago i heard a similar case where the judge awarded the father this request for his 3 yrs daughter. My kids are 9 & 12

8. Tempest

Tempest Power Cosmic

You give me hope. Barring a miracle my wife of 6 year and I are splitting up. I have been agonizing over not seeing my 4 year old son everyday. It is painful losing her but the thought of not having him around is unbearable.

I will settle for nothing less then joint custody and I have been worring about how the courts handle typically handle this.

9. Daria

Daria New Member

Congratz on your victory and for being there for your kids.

I think kids should have more of a say in court. For example, when my mom had custody of my sister and I as children, we moved alot because of my mom having troubles with work. The courts gave us back to our dad who is mentally ill and who physically and verbally abused me. I don't know about my sister. But nobody asked ME where I wanted to be. I had to beg my mom to go back to court to get custody of us again. I would rather move around every year, rather than be in that situation with my father.

There are also alot of mothers with sole custody who drink and party and don't look after their kids. Who would know better about their activities than the kids who see it every day?

10. 7960

7960 New Member

I hope for you and for your kids that you win.

it's going to get really interesting when they tell you and their mother that they want to stay with you more, or stay permanently. I've had more than one friend go through this exact situation, and every time (at some point) the kid(s) wanted to move in with the father. good luck getting her to believe you're not poisoning them against her when they're with you.

11. 7960

7960 New Member

by now, how could you not have asked your sister if anyone asked her?

12. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Happened with me but I didnt have any choice in the matter dad was in small apartment mom/step dad had a house guess they felt it would be better for me to stay with mom. Moved in with dad right after high school though, moms are usually way too controlling not that I don't love my mom but had soooo much more freedom living with dad.