Divinity 2: My vote for the best game since Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by Boomdart, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

This game is awesome :bowdown:

I've had a wicked awful stomach virus keeping me seat-ridden for days now and all I've been doing is playing Divinity II

The graphics are superb, turning into a dragon is awesome (not a spoiler, it's in the previews you can do this) and while I was a little disturbed by the relatively small world it seemed quite vast the way you had to travel around it.

There isn't a single thing I can complain about, just about everything is perfect.

I was only a little disappointed by the fact that there are many, many, many available attacks and skills but you won't level up enough to make good use of a large majority of them. You just pick two or three to concentrate on throughout the game. I went with Whirlwind and Fire Field and they served me quite well.

I think I'm pretty much at the end of the game, I've put tons of hours into it the last week but it doesn't record how long you've played so I'm not sure how long the game is. It's at least 30 hours though. Easily good enough to play through again making different choices.

2. Barkode

Barkode Active Member

Never heard of it.

3. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

4. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

5. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

You're gay.

Game is awesome.

What I also like about it is it feels like it's from the same makers of Kingdom O' Magic (i'll be surprised if you know that title).

Lots of characters have very humorous properties or things to say, I haven't laughed while playing a game since Psychonauts.

You can enchant and charm your weapons/armor for more defense/power/special traits like 14% chance of igniting enemies that get close to you.
    One thing I wish I could find is someone to add charms to my weapons. There was one in the beginning portion of the game but I can't find another charmer anywhere.

Also, the world map which is supposed to show you where to go and where your quest objectives are...for some reason at one point it just decided to stop telling me, causing me to travel the world in search for something. The world is beautiful though and much like Risen it breaths, sways with the wind, makes you feel as though you're actually there.

I never played the first one, but after playing this one I don't really feel like there could've been all that much in the first one to tie to the second. If you're into games like Neverwinter Nights with shit tons of reading material it's there if you want, I chose not to read the gazillion books I've found but I never got rid of them in hopes they might complete a quest. Well, that never happened not even once yet but whatever. I glanced at a few books but much of it's just for the kind of person that likes to read into the history the game provides.

Also I got my copy from a friend who has a legit copy, but I'm not even sure it's released in usa yet which certainly bodes the question as to how he obtained it. Maybe the germans made the game in english, I dunno.

Oh, and I've been meaning to ask for a long time, were you ever a member of MaximumPC forums back in the Delphi Forums days? Your AV comes from a series of pictures I knew back then. Circa 1998-2002

I forget what my name was there, it was a lot of things.

6. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

It's also a random loot system, so if you save before you kill a guy you know will drop something nice, or save before you open a locked chest, you can load the game and they'll drop/loot something different. Same goes for unlocked chests and such but you'd have to save before you enter the area to change them.

Watch some youtube vids before you make any judgements. I play on max settings at 1280x1024 because I still haven't got my monitor back from viewsonic :squint: Although I'm afraid my computer won't be able to run it at 1680x1050 at all. I have pretty low framerates even after overclocking my 9800gt to 671/949 :wtc: Sometimes it'll get down to as low as 15fps, but usually hangs around 40fps.

This is honestly a game that is making me consider upgrading my computer. If future games are going to be more detailed than this I'll definably have to upgrade finally. quad core q6600, 2gb memory, 9800gt. Just isn't enough anymore I guess.

7. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Yea I looked again still gay

8. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Upgrade your RAM to 4GB and get a new video card for cheap, should be a fine upgrade. Q6600 is still a good CPU.

9. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

Looks really awesome! I'll have to check it out but Fallen Earth has been owning my free-time lately. The dragon gameplay reminds me a bit of Drakan, where you could fit as a human or hop on to your dragon and take to the skies, I really loved that game. :)

10. Chanandler Bong

Chanandler Bong OT Supporter

waiting for the xbox iso

11. Genius/GZA

Genius/GZA OT Supporter

you and jakob have horrible taste in games :ugh:

12. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

Drakan is exactly what this game reminds me of, and perhaps that's why I like it so much. Drakan was an awesome game as well for its time. I thought it was cool you could chop limbs off the monsters :o Too bad you can't do that in this game.

I still have drakan on cd somewhere, that game came with my computer in 2000 :coold:

I was thinking that as well, this game is the first since I bought my computer that has seriously made me consider upgrading at least my video card.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  13. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

As soon as this game is released in the states, after an hour of gameplay you guys will realize this is one of the funnest games in existence.

I beat the game about 2 days ago, can't say anything about the end though.. You have to find out what happens yourself.

Simple Tips: Don't save books, read them and throw them away. Or just throw them away if you don't care. Do every single quest and remember to use the quicksave/quickload function to get the best possible shit you can after turning in quests or opening locked boxes.

edit: Also, it's not Tekken 5. It's not a battle simulator, it's an rpg as it is advertised. That's all.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  14. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

the demo runs like shit but looks good. does the final build run smooth?

15. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

im referring to the 360 version

16. assclown

assclown Active Member

I was really looking forward to this for a while but never ended up getting it when it came out. Started it yesterday on PC and it's good so far, though I'm only about 30 minutes into it. :hs:

17. CrazyMook

CrazyMook OT Supporter

seems like it would be fun, but the 360 demo has a serious framerate issue at times and the people that populate the times barely look animated when they walk. the towns themselves look outstanding tho as does the rest of the game

18. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

:werd:

19. Rammy1021

Rammy1021 New Member

newsgroups got this yet?

20. Slurms McKenzie

Slurms McKenzie New Member

The demo is on 360 but it looked gay.