District 9 BD to have God of War III demo. :wackit:

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by LBFilmGuy, Nov 2, 2009.

1. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

2. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

I saw this somewhere. I have a decent rip of District 9 so wont be buying it. If I was desperate for the demo cant I just pre order then cancel

3. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

WTF does District 9 have to do with God of War? Just sayin'.

4. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

D9 = Sony Pictures

5. ForgottenSpiral

Yeah, but that's still a big leap. Science Fiction Movie to Greek Mythology Video Game?

6. Funky Munky

Funky Munky Chronic Masturbator OT Supporter

Its going to be a huge movie release given it done so well in the box office.

Sony have fuck all good movies coming out between now and Christmas.

Therefore its being tagged to this.

I work for Sony. :hsugh:

7. ForgottenSpiral

It's still a strange connection. I mean I get why they're doing it, but that doesn't mean it goes together. I mean lets say a company makes dog food and cell phones. Just because they have a new cell phone coming out doesn't mean they should give free dog food away with it.

8. ForgottenSpiral

I can just see the meeting now.

Sony guy 1: Hey how should we promote GoW III?
    Voice of reason guy: Do we really need to promote it? Everyone is already looking forward to it. If we hype it any more, it'll be hard to live up to the expectations.
    Sony guy 2: Well people who play video games are nerds, right? And people who like science fiction are nerds too... so... not sure where I was going with that...
    Sony guy 1: Maybe we should stop denying ourselves and just fuck right here and now.
    Voice of reason guy: I'm out.
    Sony guy 2: Finally.

9. charbaby

charbaby New Member

This is that alien movie

10. georgexi

georgexi o.O OT Supporter

GOW3 = :bowdown: :wackit: :cool: :bowdown: :wackit:

but bundling it with a completely unrelated movie instead of free download? :hsugh:

11. henroid

henroid dayum

at first I was like, "holy random, Batman" too but I don't think it's too far of a stretch now. sure they don't relate to each other thematically but I'm betting most bluray players out there are STILL PS3s, which makes it a good bundle. And if they happen to only own a standalone BD player it kinda fails a bit but chances are still pretty good that they know someone with a PS3 so the chance of them trying it out is still there. Also it's 'free' advertising every time you open your D9 box and see the packaged GOW3 demo

in fact, you almost WANT 2 products to be unrelated so you can draw in both crowds. People buying D9 on BD would've bought it anyway and people looking to try the GOW3 demo might just pick up D9 when they wouldn't have. kinda like how everyone bought Brave Fencer Musashi for the FF8 demo or Crackdown for the Halo 3 demo.

12. Professor Chaos

Professor Chaos New Member

Well we have Sony's latest blockbuster movie including a demo on the blu ray disk for it's flagship video game God of War. Seeing as the PS3 is the #1 selling blu ray player the connection doesn't seem that far stretched.

13. ForgottenSpiral

:werd:

This isn't the 90's, people. We can let everyone download the demo. We don't have to stick demos in game cases to try and get sales. And the examples stated were all to boost sales for the lesser known games. I.E. Take a new IP and stick a demo for a well known IP in it. District 9 doesn't need GoW's help. GoW doesn't need D9's.

14. henroid

henroid dayum

its less like they need the help and more like it will help out

also I'm expecting/hoping the demo to be pretty substantial since it'll be on a disc

15. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

People who buy D9 on blu ray, most likely have a PS3 and they will most likely enjoy the GOW demo

They enjoy demo and may buy the game too

Profit ????

16. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

its over 2 gigs

i enjoyed it :o

17. haarago

haarago OT Supporter

Fuck yeah!!! :bowdown:

18. hellodon

hellodon

Taco Bell doesnt have anything to do with video games, but they sometimes do promos. its all about the money/marketing.

Most people that saw District 9 won't want to buy the Blu-Ray..because once you saw it, you saw it...its not really something you want to rewatch over and over. But if youre a big GOW fan and have a PS3...then maybe you'll say "well, it was an okay movie i guess...ill buy it to get the demo"...and then they sold another copy because they're being shit bags and make you buy something to get a game demo rather than just give it to those who already bought their fucking system to begin with....

Seriously - this whole "do this to get the demo early" crap needs to stop. Its shitty. if the demo is ready, put it out there to the people already supporting the system. Don't make them wait, or buy something to play a demo that is ready. That's just fucked up and its getting worse and worse

It used to be like "win a code to play the demo" early, like if a demo might be buggy, they'd only have a certain crew playing first then release it all over... but i noticed ever since the Little Big Planet demo thing that was HUGE, its getting worse and worse. If you don't preorder a game, or buy something else - you don't get a DEMO of a game anymore? Come on...

The demo is supposed to sell the full version, not the demo is supposed to sell this this this and this in addition to the full version.

19. ForgottenSpiral

:werd: That's what I was ultimately trying to say, but in a much clumsier way.

20. Its H

Its H New Member

The demo was short but it was very good.

21. haarago

haarago OT Supporter

Looks like I won't be needing to get D9 as I downloaded the GOW 3 demo last night! :bigthumb:

22. hellodon

hellodon

How'd you do it? Is there a file floating around that can be placed on the PS3 and works? Or did you have a promo code or what?

23. haarago

haarago OT Supporter

I think it was a promotion code or something like that. My brother-in-law works at Hollywood Video in NM and is a vendor member of all kinds of shit. He gets the in on alot of things like this. Anyway I logged into PSN with his info and downloaded it from his downloads in the PS Store.