Disblohs Workout/Diet Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by disblohs, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 180 lbs
    Working out since October 2004

I'm starting on Christophers base routine on Monday. I'm using a modified version of the Excel spreadsheet provided and I'm going to document all weights used along with sets and each week is going to have progress pictures as well as my weight recorded. I'll write out my diet in here to make sure I keep that in check.

Lately I've been having a really tough time deciding what I want to do. I've always been overweight and in the summer of 2003 I started making changes in my life. At that point, I was 227 lbs at around 5'11" or so. I started drinking diet pop and eating a lot less fast food as well as eating healthier foods in general. Those were the only changes I made until October of 2004 and at that point I weighed approximately 205 lbs. I began working out with a friend of mine until the new year and at the end of January I began working out alone. My routine was based around isolation exercises even though I had no base to work from. I'm now 180 lbs and I'm beginning to get pretty disgusted at how small the rest of my body seems to be getting while my love handles are still taking forever to go away. I've decided to use Christophers base routine to build a more solid foundation to work from and hopefully thicken up a bit while shedding the love handles. I'm still going to be working in a deficit because I can't stand the extra fat at this point, but I hope to see some good progress.

Christophers routine is going to be interesting for me because yesterday was the first day I've ever done real squats. I was using a machine of sorts for squats before and I decided to stop being such a pussy and man up. I'm also going to be teaching myself how to deadlift, so that should be fun. It's going to be a pain asking for spots for all of the bench sets, but that's what the routine requires. I've been doing DB bench for too long now as it is.

I'm also going to add a day onto the routine to make room for calves, more abs, bicep work, and maybe something else. My biceps have been lagging behind and I feel they need a little extra attention. I play hockey on tuesdays and thursdays for 2 hours for cardio.

If anybody has any advice I'd be more than happy to hear it. My AIM name is disblohs so feel free to IM me for whatever reason. I've been taking progress pictures since the end of December, so if anyone is interested in that IM me. I'm not sure why anybody would be, but hey the offer's there. I've been lurking in this forum since October and I'd like to become more involved, hence the log and the AOL AIM name.

Goals:

Maintain or add bodyweight while putting on lean body mass.
    Get up to a 300+ Squat by the end of summer.
    Bench 225+ for sets by the end of summer.
    Deaflift 300+ for sets by the end of summer.

CURRENTLY BULKING

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  2. disblohs

well, i'm really interested to see what kind of progress I make on this routine. Hopefully this routine will just tear me apart. If i want to see how far i've come i can go from week 1 to whatever week i'm currently on. I won't put too much focus on week to week, but i've been taking progress pictures pretty frequently since i started.

3. disblohs

i plan to stick with this routine for awhile and see where it takes me. i'm also going to get my diet into check and stick with that as well

4. disblohs

I had to postpone starting my new routine because I was studying nonstop for an exam for the past 3 days.

Breakfast: Nature Valley Bar
    Lunch: Everything bagel
    Snack: Nature Valley Bar and Healthy Pop Kettle Corn
    Dinner: Tuna salad sub, nonfat blueberry yogurt, banana
    Snack: Nature Valley Bar and banana

I had to take the exam today. That's one reason my food intake is terrible for the day. :o

This was only my second day doing squats and my first day doing good mornings. Keep that in mind when you see the numbers :hs:

Light Squats

135X10
    155X8
    170X8
    195X8

Good Mornings

95X12
    115X8
    130X8

DB Shoulder Press

40X5
    40X5
    50X5
    55X4
    55X3

Pullups

30 lbs assist 4
    30 lbs assist 3

Felt really good doing everything today. I felt a lot more comfortable doing squats and good mornings didn't feel as awkward as I thought they would. My pullup numbers are pretty sad, but I definitely felt them working.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  5. disblohs

2 hours of hockey today. My legs and back are pretty sore from my workout on Wednesday. By the end of my hockey classes, I was pretty damn exhausted.

Lunch: Sante Fe Chicken Wrap from Roly Poly
    Snack: Nature Valley Bar
    Dinner: 2 glasses of skim milk, orange chicken with white rice, egg salad, tunafish, and hummus with pita bread

6. disblohs

Breakfast: 3 single serving cartons of skim milk and 3 small cereal servings (special k, cinnamon toast crunch, cracklin' oat bran), and a small bag of pretzels
    Snack: Hummus and pita bread

Squats:

155x5
    175x5
    195x5
    215x5
    235x3

Bent Over Rows:

95X5
    115X5
    135X5
    145X5
    145X5

Incline Bench with Smith Machine:

135X5
    155X5
    165X5
    175X5
    175X3

Tricep Extensions:

50X14
    50X12

The smith machine felt like shit so I don't plan on using it anymore. Bent over rows felt odd. I'm definitely going to have to work on my form for that. Squats felt good.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  7. disblohs

Breakfast: Half of a tuna sandwich, small bowl of cottage cheese with peaches, 2 pieces of pita bread and hummus, 2 glasses of skim milk, 5 small pieces of celery with crunchy peanut butter

Dinner: BBQ Chicken Sandwich and a Honey Dijon Chicken Pita Wrap :drool:

Meal that doesn't have a name: Jimmy Johns country club sub and a loaf of their day old bread

Squats:

155X5
    175X5
    195X5
    215X5
    235X5

Deadlift (first time ever):

135X5
    185X5
    205X5
    205X5
    225X5

Bench Press:

145X5
    165X5
    175X5
    175X2 :greddy:
    165X5

Incline DB Press:

30X20
    35X12
    40X8

Calf Raises with a bodymaster machine:

160x8
    160x8
    160x8

Comments: Deadlifts felt odd which is expected because it's my first time. I'm afraid to go heavier without making sure that my form is correct. Squats felt good with very little break in between sets. Bench press felt kind of shitty and I'm not sure if it's because of the squats and deadlifts that I had already done on an empty stomach. I definitely felt my arms burning on the Incline DB Press after doing so many reps even though it was with low weight :greddy: .

Hockey game tonight at 8. I'll get in some cardio doing that and then I'm supposed to walk for an hour from 11 to 12.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  8. disblohs

Lunch: Sushi - 6 california rolls, 6 shrimp rolls, 3 salmon rolls, and a salad with ginger dressing

Snack: 6 small easter egg chocolates :o

Dinner: footlong sweet onion chicken teriyaki sub at subway on honey oat

Lot of homework today so I didn't get to cardio

9. disblohs

Breakfast and Lunch Combined: Cheese Burger, Turkey Reuben Sandwich, little bit of tunafish, cottage cheese with yogurt, 2 hard boiled eggs - yolk, vanilla yogurt with reeses

Dinner: Turkey sandwich with 7 grain bread, a piece of pita bread, celery sticks with creamy peanut butter.

Snack: Healthy pop popcorn

Light Squats:

145X8
    165X8
    185X8
    205X4 :coolugh:

Good Mornings:

105X8
    125X8
    145X8

BB Shoulder Press (first time doing BB):

45x5 (for form purposes)
    65X5
    95X5
    105X5
    105X3

Pullups:

Comments: Squatting felt terrible today. The spot where the bar rests is definitely hurting like a bitch and I didn't have much energy. I'm not sure it's the best idea to lift right after i wake up without eating anything :o . First set of good mornings felt shitty and then the next 2 felt much better. Shoulder press felt pretty good for doing it the first time. I didn't use much weight, but hopefully the numbers will increase fairly quickly. Pullups felt pretty good overall. I didn't use the machine assist this time and my numbers were about the same as last week. The setup for my pullups is different than I'm used to doing. I think my max close grip pullup is more than the setup I'm using now. The way the handles are setup require my hands to be situated with my palms facing my head and shoulder width apart.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  10. disblohs

Lunch: Tuna salad sandwich, cottage cheese with peaches, bowl of OREO cereal with skim milk, 2 glasses of skim milk

Dinner: 5 pieces of grilled chicken, wild rice, peas, cottage cheese with yogurt, one glass of skim milk

Heavy Squats:

160X5
    185X5
    205X5
    225X5
    245X3

Bent Over Rows:

95X5
    115X5
    135X5
    145X5
    165X5

Incline Bench (first time doing BB inclines):

95X5
    115X5
    135X5
    155X5
    175X3 (with spotter)

Tricep Extensions:

55X12
    50X10

Comments: My workout went really well today. Squats felt great and it feels like my form is good now. Bent Over Rows felt good as well. First time doing Incline Bench without the smith machine and it felt much better. Having a spotter really helped me go heavier on the 5th set. Tricep Extensions felt really good as well.

I was hungry a few hours after dinner even though i ate a lot of chicken.

I added two more days to my routine to add in some isolation work.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  11. disblohs

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, one hardboiled egg, macaroni salad, 1.5 glasses of skim milk, and a bowl of honey bunches of oats with skim milk

Dinner: Small piece of flank steak, two grilled chicken breasts, spanish rice, coconut cream pie with vanilla soft serve :drool:, 2 small packs of sixlets

Close Grip Lat Pulldown:

100X12
    115X12
    130X8

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown:

100X10
    130X8
    145X5

Lat Pullups:

50 lb assist: 6
    50 lb assist: 5

Chest Flys:

35X8
    35X8
    40X5

Calf Raises:

145X15
    160X10
    175X8

Comments: I added this day and Sunday to do more isolation work. Close Grip Lat Pulldown felt good as did Wide Grip Lat Pulldown. My lats were pretty much shot when I went to do the pullups so I think I'm going to move that in front of the Pulldowns next Saturday. Chest Flys felt about average. I haven't done them in a few weeks since I started Christophers base routine. Calf Raises felt good for a lot of reps. I normally do 160X3X8 and I did 175X8 on my final set after upping the reps on the two previous sets. I'm doing calves twice a week because they are tiny as hell and I feel they need the extra work.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  12. disblohs

Lunch: 3 pieces of rotisserie chicken, scandinavian vegetable mix, garden rice, 1 bowl of special k cereal with skim milk, and 1 glass of skim milk

Dinner: General Tso's Chicken Dinner with steamed rice and crab meat rangoon

Snack: 2 honey bunches of oats snack bars

Weighted Crunches (on decline bench with DB):

50X15
    50X15
    50X15

Side Bends (each side independently with DB):

55X8
    60X8
    65X8

Cable Crunches:

145X8
    145X8
    145X8

Shrugs with DB:

65X8
    70X8
    75X6

Concentration Curls:

25X8 :greddy:
    25X8 :greddy:
    30X8 :greddy:

DB Curls:

30X8 :ugh:
    35X5 :ugh:
    30X4 :ugh:

Comments: My biceps fucking suck. Not only are they weak, but they have no endurance. If anyone is reading this and has any suggestions, please post away. :sadwavey:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005
  13. disblohs

this is for Monday 4/18/05

Lunch: Don't remember

Dinner: BBQ chicken sandwich, 5 piece wings, entire thing of chips with cheese and salsa

Squats:

165X5
    185X5
    205X5
    225X5
    245X3

Deadlift:

165X5
    185X5
    205X5
    225X2
    245X0 didn't attempt

Bench Press:

145X5
    155X5
    165X5
    175X5
    185X3 with spotter

Decline DB Press (lower pec needs work):

45X12
    50X8
    50X8

Comments: Didn't eat before I went to the gym. Squats didn't feel all that great. I'm afraid my form is terrible on deadlifts and that's why i didn't finish the 4th set or start the 5th. i need to watch some more videos before next monday. Bench felt good. Decline DB press was weak.

14. disblohs

4/20/05

Didn't track food today. First day bulking and there was too much food on the brain to remember all of it.

Light Squats:

165X8
    175X8
    185X8
    205X8

Good Mornings:

95X12
    125X12
    145X8

Shoulder Press with DB because some doucheys wanted to take the power rack from me:

30X5
    35X5
    40X5
    45X5
    50X5

Pullups:

Comments:

Squats felt really good. My form suffers when I use really low weight for some reason. Good mornings felt a lot better this time around than last week. I definitely felt the burn in my lower back when i was done with these. I'm going to have to up the weight next week for shoulder press because starting with 30 lb DB and working my way up to 50 in 5 lb increments didn't give me enough of a workout. Pullups are getting easier. I still don't have that great of endurance, but it's coming along.

I worked out around 5 pm and then had a hockey game at 11pm that night. Squatting and then playing hockey was a terrible idea. We played a really fast team and there were a lot of starts and stops. My quads were burning the entire game and I had to keep them straightened out to relax them some. It was also a bitch falling asleep because they felt tight as hell.

15. disblohs

4/21/05

Snack: 3 Honey bunches of oats snack bars

Lunch:
    • Tequila lime chicken :barf: it tasted like someone cooked it and then tossed the batter on after
    • Baked potato with cheese, sour cream, and bacon
    • Bowl of cottage cheese
    • decent size scoop of egg salad
    • decent size scoop of tuna salad
    • glass of skim milk
    • vanilla yogurt with an M&M cookie
    Dinner:
    • 2 cheeseburgers
    • 3 chicken wings
    • 1 chicken breast
    • corn on the cob
    • a little bit of potato salad
    • a little bit of coleslaw
    • some bean concoction
    • vanilla yogurt with a brownie
    Snack:
    • nastiest bag of caramel popcorn ever
    Hockey today sucked. I didn't get to sleep till 1 or 1:30 because of my game last night at 11pm. I played today from 8-10am and, surprisingly, I wasn't all that tired. I actually played pretty well today.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2005
  16. disblohs

Lunch:
    • BBQ chicken breast
    • tuna salad mixed with egg salad sandwich
    • 6 mozzarella cheese sticks
    • baked potato with sour cream and cheese
    • peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    • piece of oreo cream pie
    Snack:
    • chocolate
    Dinner:
    • take 2 at applebees with sirloin and salmon
    • mashed potatoes
    • vegetable medley
    • texas toast
    Snack:
    • nature valley sweet and salty

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  17. disblohs

Lunch:

• Cheeseburger
    • Piece of turkey sub
    • Piece of chicken oscar (chicken breast with sauce)
    • grilled provolone cheese sandwich
    • bowl of cottage cheese with peaches
    • vanilla ice cream in a cone
    Snack:
    • Double cheeseburger from Mcdonalds
    • McChicken from Mcdonalds
    Dinner:
    • Chicken Schwarma wrap
    • Hummus and 5 pieces of pita bread
    • 2 meat grape leaves
    Snack:
    • 5 sweet and salty Nature valley snacks :o
    Heavy Squats:

165X5
    185X5
    205X5
    235X5
    255X5 PR

Bent Over Rows:

115X5
    125X5
    135X5
    155X5
    175X4 (not strict)

Incline Bench:

95X5
    115X5
    135X5
    155X5
    175X3 (no spotter)

Tricep Extensions:

55X12
    55X12

Lat Pulldown Close Grip:

110X12
    125X10
    135X5

Lat Pulldown Wide Grip:

125X10
    135X6 (not strict)
    150X5 (not strict)

Chest Flys:

40X8
    35X8
    35X8

Calf Raises:

160X15
    175X12
    190X8

Comments: I missed Friday so I decided to double up days today. Everything felt really good. I was really able to push myself today. I seemed to have a lot more energy and I attribute it to the bulking. I also kept saying to myself that I was bulking and my lifts sure as shit better go up with all the extra energy i should have; It seemed to help. I was really happy with my incline bench today and i got a new 5 rep squat max.

18. disblohs

Lunch:
    • Lots of scrambled eggs
    • piece of french toast
    • country potatoes
    • piece of baked chicken
    • vegetable mix
    • wild rice
    • chocolate chip cookie
    Snack:
    • 5 sweet and salty nature valley bars
    Dinner:
    • large hot and ready pizza from little caesars

19. disblohs

Food for the whole day because i can't remember what was for dinner and what was for lunch
    • General Tso's chicken with white rice
    • hot dog
    • bush's baked beans
    • BBQ mini sausages
    • turkey sandwich
    • half a bowl of cottage cheese with yogurt
    • scoop of egg salad
    • scoop of tuna salad
    • piece of chocolate cake with ice cream
    • half a glass of skim milk
    • chicken hoagie
    • baked potato with cheese, sour cream, and bacon bits
    • 2 double cheeseburgers
    Squats:

165X5
    185X5
    205X5
    235X5
    255X5

Deadlift:

165X5
    185X5
    205X5
    225X5
    245X3 with straps

BB Bench Press:

145X5
    155X5
    165X5
    175X5
    185X3 (no spot)

Decline DB Press:

45X12
    50X12
    55X8

Comments: Squats felt shitty. For some reason 185 felt heavy, but i still got 255X5. Deadlift felt better form wise. I still suck at it though :hsd: . BB Bench felt really good. Decline DB Press was used because my lower pecs need work. It felt pretty good even though I suck at getting set up on the decline with the DBs.

20. disblohs

Food for 4/26/05

Breakfast:
    • 2 double cheeseburgers
    Lunch:
    • half of a tuna sandwich
    • cup of split pea and ham soup
    Snack:
    • Snickers protein bar
    Dinner:
    • bean burrito especial from taco bell
    • 2 soft tacos
    Snack:
    • 3 go go taquitos from 7-11
    • bag of pretzels
    • payday pro bar (some protein thing)

21. disblohs

Food and Lifting for 4/27/05

Lunch:
    • 3 pieces of jamaican jerk chicken
    • big scoop of tuna salad
    • big scoop of egg salad
    • half a cup of cottage cheese and yogurt
    • mint brownie with vanilla ice cream
    Dinner:
    • tuna salad sandwich
    • egg salad sandwich
    • black bean enchilada
    • piece of butterfinger pie
    Light Squats:

155X8
    175X8
    195X8
    215X8

Good Mornings:

95X12
    125X12
    155X12

DB Shoulder Press:

40X5
    45X5
    50X5
    55X5
    60X4

Pullups:

Calf Raises:

190X8
    205X8
    220X8

Comments: Squats felt great today. I used a wider stance than normal and it felt a lot more comfortable and allowed me to go lower. I did the first 4 sets with a very short break in between. Good Mornings also felt incredible. I was getting some weird looks from people doing them today. That was rather amusing. DB Shoulder Press went better than i expected it to. Pullups were harder this week because i was so drained from the DB Shoulder Press. Calf Raises went extremely well. I used more weight than i've done before and it felt great.

Lifting when pissed off is a good way to get some aggression out. Also, I found two great cds for lifting. The first 5 songs or so on Slipknot - Slipknot are great for lifting as are the first 4 songs on Mudvayne - Lost and Found. If anybody wants these for their mp3 players, IM me at disblohs

22. disblohs

Food for 4/28/05

Lunch:

6 california rolls
    3 shrimp tempora rolls
    1 piece of tuna
    1 piece of salmon

Dinner:

3 Crab Legs
    1 fish sandwich
    1 twice baked potato
    1 vanilla ice cream
    2 big cookies

Late Night Snack:

General Tso's Dinner combo with white rice and crab meat rangoon

23. disblohs

Lunch:
    • Footlong turkey and ham on italian herbs and cheese with provolone cheese and sweet onion sauce
    Dinner:
    • 8 inch sub with turkey, ham, and salami with pepperjack cheese and honey mustards sauce
    • bowl of cottage cheese with peaches
    • half a bowl of potato salad
    • scoop of tuna salad
    • big scoop of egg salad
    • piece of pistachio torte

Heavy Squats:

185X5
    205X5
    225X5
    245X5
    265X1

Bent Over Rows:

115X5
    125X5
    135X5
    155X5
    175X5 (3 with good form, 2 half pulls)

Incline Bench:

95X5
    115X5
    135X5
    155X5
    175X3 (no spot)

Tricep Extensions:

60X12
    60X12

Comments: Squats felt all right. I used a wide stance again and it felt better than a more narrow stance. I should have only done 245X4 so I would have more energy for my heaviest set. Bent Over Rows felt really good. Incline Bench would be much better with a spotter. I would like to have help getting up 2 extra reps so I can go up in weight the following week. Tricep Extensions felt great. Went heavier on both sets than I have before and I got 12 full reps.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.