Disappointed with EliteFts

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by sprite, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprite

sprite Active Member

Shipping has been slow. Response to my emails has been slow. I made a request in regards to shipping that they couldn't fulfill, which is fine, but instead of letting me know that before they shipped it, they just put a note in the box... alot of good it does me after the fact. My mini bands arrived looking they'd been used. I am not at all impressed with either the content nor the quality of the "Training Templates" or the "Band Training" manual.

Maybe my expectations were too high from reading so many positive reviews, but I all things considered I can't say I'd order from them again based on this experience.

2. Natezilla

Natezilla Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

What type of shipping request was it? How slow were their responses?

I liked the training templates a lot myself and I haven't really gotten into band work yet so I haven't looked at the band manual even though I have it.

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

I don't see what your problem is with the manuals, did you expect them to be leather bound hardcovers? They contain plenty of useful information.

My bands came sealed up and I don't know what you mean by "look used."

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

I just requested that all items be shipped together. Apparently one of the items drop ships from the manufacturer so they couldn't do that. I've got no problem with that, but it would have been nice if they had dropped me an email saying something to that effect, so I could make propper arrangements.

The light bands look fine. The mini bands were just tossed in the box, no packaging. They looked dirty and had abrassions.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you should call them instead of complaining to us about it

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

People ask lots of questions about different vendors on here, I'm just posting my experience.

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

If you called them i'm pretty sure they'd do something to rectify it

8. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

Their shipping is expensive too. I guess if I really wanted something from them I'd get it but damn... even a 5lb jug of whey is over 11 dollars ups ground :ughd:

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

story? and how is a scammer a good guy? :confused:

10. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

When I ordred my band pack all the bands came in packing except the minis also, but what does that matter?

And I agree with the question on what were you expecting from the training templates and band manual? The training templates book is great alot of useful info in there that would answer alot of peoples questions on here about going about a cp routine.

11. sprite

sprite Active Member

Yeah, they said the mini's don't come wrapped. It wasn't so much the fact that they were'nt "packaged", it was the fact that they were dirty & and surface abrasions that made them look "used".

The Training Templates manual was the one that really disappointed me. It isn't "bad", it just doesn't go as in depth as I had hoped. They give brief descriptions of each routine, but don't spend a whole lot of time on the "how & why". They'd say "This is a good routine for X", but wouldn't really go into much depth about what aspects of the routine make it good for "X", and why the specific movements in routine "X" were used instead of others. It may well be that I didn't like them because I'm not as experienced as some of you, so I'd like a little more detail, as where I'm sure some of you got all you needed from it.

christophers & ceaze... I did call. Matt is a nice guy and answered my questions, I understand people get busy, mistakes happen, etc. It was the combination of circumstances that gave me a poor overall impression. I didn't think my initial post was bashing or screaming bloody murder, just relating my experience. Obviously Elite is the best resource of training information on the web, and I'm sure that fact alone will bring me back around once I get over the initial annoyance with this particular instance... you know what they say about first impressions.

12. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

It's cool; a few people jumped the gun out of their love for the site/company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.