Disagreement between me and GF. opinions/advice?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by xkenshinx, Mar 1, 2007.

1. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

I have a gf of ~3.5 years. We're pretty serious i guess. She just went to college last fall, about 2 hours away. i see her every weekend almost. We had a talk about things before and even during her start there. I told her that i'd really want her to stay away from sororities. she agreed and promised she wouldnt. just yesterday, she told me she went to a sorority meeting of some sort, and now is telling me she would like to join. i told her she promised me already and said i am really against it. now she's really upset and i dont know. would like to hear some opinions.

2. JemmaX

JemmaX New Member

why are you against it? not all sororities are bad.

3. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

why are you against it?? its not like chicks in sororities go out and have mass fuck fests...

4. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

i understand that, i just know or have heard of stories that worry me. also i think its a pretty big commitment to involve herself in. i just dont like the idea of them really, im sure not all are bad, but they're mostly all similar for the most part, right?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well if she joins you will definitely see her a lot less...not sure if that's a good or bad thing to you. But you sound insecure about them. I'm wondering if you are worried at the idea of the constant sorority/fraternity pairings, functions, fuckfests, etc.

6. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

^you pretty much nailed that on the dot.

and seeing her once a week for me isnt a lot to me already.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Aha, I see. Yeah, I think a lot of girls (who don't know much about sororities) think it's a great idea from the outside. Then they get in and all of a sudden have no life outside of it, and more importantly are paying fucking dues which is dumb as hell. I really don't know what to tell ya honestly. :dunno:

8. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

yea thats another thing. she's always complaining about shortage of money. i just dont think overall its a very good idea. -_- and either way, she promised me, and i am a firm believer in keeping promises

9. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

My sister was in a sorority and that's how it was for her. She said she made some great friends but she always had to go to meetings, events and there were alot of dues and other things that cost money.

10. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

so did she regret it? also, how was the overall experience for her. would she encourage others?

11. iwishyouwerebeer

She probably enjoyed it. I've known tons upon tons of girls who joined sororities, and they all loved 'em

12. gnob1

gnob1 New Member

Lame

13. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

yea? thanks.

anyways. i've decided to just let her do it. cant do anthing else about it -_-.

14. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

im concerned about our relationship. i figure it's hard to maintain a strong relationship when your SO is in a sorority/frat. it just seems to add unecessary stress to an already long-ish distant relationship

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Think about it this way. She wants to try it, it might make her happy...she might end up hating it and then you will get your way. Or she loves it, you never see each other and it kills the relationship. At least you don't have to worry about getting married?

But seriously, if you guys didn't work out because she couldn't make time for you, or your jealousy issues went through the roof then obviously it wasn't meant to work out.

16. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

For the experience, she said no she's glad she did it. She said she wasn't sad to leave it either but it taught her alot about people and working in groups. Is that ambiguous enough for you ;) :big grin:

17. xkenshinx

xkenshinx New Member

plenty, thanks :)

18. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well you're not going to stop her from doing whatever she wants to do, so you might as well not worry about it. Nagging her isn't going to help either.

As you know, you are in a precarious spot now because you have distance working against you and she will be getting tons of attention from guys who are there and available while you are not (as though just being at college isn't bad enough). You will have to really be watchful for bad signs in the relationship. Your concerns are valid, but as it is, all you can do is deal. I hope for your sake that she knows what she's doing.

19. drinkdran0

drinkdran0 New Member

you cant tell her what to do. you have to support everything she does basically. she just wants to meet some friends, besides you

20. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

I dunno, I always thought the point of university/college was for education. :dunno:

As for what's goin on in this thread, you sound insecure, she sounds like she's going to rebel. Match not made.

21. Reign

Reign Banned

One of my friend's was in one, she was a sweet heart.

Then again, another one of my friend's was in one, she was a huge slut.

I dunno, I think buying your friends is stupid too... but I'm guessing neither of you are even of age to drink. So you two being real serious at this age... well you're still kiddies. She wants to experience things (and I'm not talking about another dudes cock), experience life, be able to make her own decisions as I'm sure you do. I don't really see the problem, ask her which sorority and then find out about it.

22. guiltybystand3r

guiltybystand3r On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for e

My brother is in a LDR right now and he frat consumes a lot of his time, but his gf accomodates and they work things out. I would just let her do it because if convince her not to, she might hold it over your head for the rest of the relationship, which might drive it into the ground.

23. stag3

stag3 Quagmire(runs outside in a robe):Hey guys, what's

if she's gonna cheat on you there's nothing you can do to stop it. while i agree frats and sororities are lame, if she wants to join, that's her choice.
    altho she made a promise to you, shes surrounded by those "friends" daily.
    peer pressure > LDR

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Can I be the first in this thread to point out that she has low interest level?

There are reasons you join a sorority and "job connections after I graduate" is not one of them.

Stand your ground, dude. Do not say "well, I guess it's ok if you join." Do not change what YOU want to accomodate her. You are the prize. If she weeds herself out of the dating pool (your criteria) by her actions then she is doing you a favor and you can find someone else who has a belief set more congruent with yours.

25. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

When you discuss it are you making it about your relationship or are you making it about a promise she made to you?

I agree with Viper, you can't run her life and trying to do so will only drive her away.