Disabling the mouse for Standby mode

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Reznik, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Reznik

Reznik New Member

In Standby mode, how can I make my computer only re- activate from the keyboard instead of a mouse movement? Basically I don't want a small mouse movement to re-start the computer.

thanks guys!

2. Kelex

Kelex New Member

Device Manager > Look for mouse > Properties > Power Management Tab > uncheck "allow this device to bring...."

3. Reznik

Reznik New Member

there is no power management tab there. My mouse is an old one and it doesn't have its software loaded. But thanks for your effort.

Any help?

4. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Maybe you've tried these

This describes how to enable the "Wake from standby" option for a Universal Serial Bus (USB) mouse.

By default, the Power Management feature of USB mouse devices is turned off. This setting is different from classic PS/2 computer functionality. Therefore, to enable the Wake from standby option, you must manually turn on the Power
    Management feature for the USB mouse.

To manually enable the Wake from standby option for the USB mouse, start Device Manager, right-click the USB mouse driver, click Properties, and then click to select the "Allow this device to wake the system from standby" check box.​
    In Microsoft Windows XP, you can configure Mouse Programming properties so that you can use the mouse to wake the computer from Standby mode. To do so, open the Mouse Programming properties, click Hardware, click Properties, click Power Management, and then click to select the "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" check box.

However, in some cases, even if you have not selected this check box, you can still use the mouse to control the Standby
    function. To resolve this issue, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain an updated BIOS that is compatible with Windows XP. The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.​