Dirty Microfiber?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Derek173, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

Just washed with ONR for the first time and after I was done the microfiber towels were filthy. I washed them with Pinnacle microfiber detergent however after the wash they were still black. Does that effect its performance?

On a side note ONR was pretty impressive. Car wasn't too dirty so I didn't notice it doing much more then a quick detailer would but once I applied it to my dirty wheels it was like magic. The dirt was just coming off with barely any pressure. This will be great for winter washing!

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

It is normal for your wash towels to get dirty when using ONR but it doesn't affect how well they work. I normally just wash mine using laundry detergent in the washing machine and they come out pretty clean.

3. Derek173

Derek173 Analyst and Therapist

Thanks, It feels clean it just stayed black after the wash.

4. David02

David02 Guest

Adding some vinegar into the washing machine helps when cleaning microfiber and pads. The vinegar increases the Ph of your wash water and really helps break up waxes and polishes.

5. Invincible

Invincible OT Supporter

Vinegar does not increase the pH. It's an acid.

If I use microfiber rag for removing silicone containing wax, how do I get the wax out of the rag?

I used a ton of laundry detergent (like for one load worth, but in the sink) and hand washed them and dried, but did that remove the wax from the rag?

6. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

kidna offtopic, how could I care for my lake courntry pads?

7. David02

David02 Guest

That's what I meant. Most waxes and polishes are very basic in nature, and the addition of the vinegar helps to break that stuff down.

Forgot that acidic meant lower pH.

8. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Put them in a 5 gallon bucket with an APC or some laundry soap, let soak for 30 minutes, squeeze them out under the soapy solution in the bucket a few times then rinse and squeeze out under rinse water until all the soap is rinsed out. Air dry.