MIL Dirtbag Roommate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrduke, Jul 18, 2005.

1. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

So my roommate is a shitbag. I've only been living with him for 3 weeks and he's already managed to annoy me. We got a sat on the last room inspection because he didn't clean anything that he was supposed to, after I left him a note explaining what needed to be done. And this morning, he misses duty section muster and wakes me up to borrow MY neckerchief and dress shoes since he doesn't have his. Now he has to stand watch for 6 hours in my shit! :madfawk:

Anyone else have a bad roommate?

2. Accord

Accord New Member

How long do you usually have the same roommate for before getting a different one? Or are you basically stuck with the same one unless either of you get transferred to another base or something?

3. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Well, I'll be living here until we go on cruise (~6 months from now) and hopefully after that I can move off base. I know he's not going anywhere anytime soon. The only good thing is that I work days and he's on nights, so I never have to see him during the week.

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

my last suitemate (two diff rooms sharing a head, like a dorm) never flushed the toilet, I had to check the head everyday before i left and flush it in case we had an inspection. He also didn't have a TV, PC, or anything for the entire 6 months we were there, and I of course had cable and internet. He would always be sitting in my room whenever I came back from anywhere and leave trash on my desk. I ended up using his hair clippers on my pubes.

5. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

glad i never had to share a room with anyone.

6. Accord

Accord New Member

What branch?

7. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

:ugh::hsugh::mamoru:

8. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

I don't like tension at all, and me getting on his ass all the time (which I would have to do if I opened my mouth about it) would cause exactly that. I figure it's best to leave it alone.

He came in yesterday and asked me if his friend that lives in the room next door (and I've never met) can hook up his wireless router to my computer and use my DSL :hsugh:

9. Jyokker

The AF of course...
    Well, I take that back. I did have 1 roomate for 30 days while I was in techschool.

10. Jyokker

You need to come down hard on that guy and let him know how it is. Then envite him out for a drink so he knows it's just business. While he is drunk, leave him at some bar...

11. Sharkticon

Sharkticon The safest place in combat is on an AEGIS Class Gu

The last time I had issues with my roommate I called his 1st Sgt. When he got home that afternoon, his 1st Sgt had him clean the entire room while he watched. I just stood there and smiled.