Digitally stored forms on Laser Printers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Goonigoogoo, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

I'm looking for a PCL and postcript laser printer that will digitally store an invoice/workorder form as to make printing of these quite quicker. Anyone know if these even exist? Its POS software that's being upgraded from dot matrix printers to laser, which right now works but the speed issue is key. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. stoliohranj

stoliohranj beautiful fucking tits man

pos = point of sale or piece of shit?

and i'd imagine if this is being printed from a windows/mac/linux box to the laser printer would be strikingly faster than a dot matrix reguardless of cached forms.

3. Goonigoogoo

POS = Point of Sale.

And yes, dot matrix printers are faster than 1 to 1 ratio against a laser printer in sleep mode.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

even if stored in the printers RAM (which is possible on some models, btw) the printer still has to exit "standby" mode and warm up it's heating element. Just look at buying a printer with an acceptably low time-for-first-page-out.

I use LaserJet 1200's for printing my invoices, and although I wish they were a little faster for 1st page out, they are adequate.

5. Goonigoogoo

We use an array of 1200's, 1300's and 1320's here but we are in no rush to spit out invoices because we don't have clients waiting at our counter. But i guess you do have a point, even if it is digitally stored the printer still needs its time to come out of stand-by mode. 1320's are pretty quick to do this, i'm actually quite impressed with the ones we have.

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Are you looking to store a blank form for easy printing??

Not sure if that's what you are looking for, but we have a Ricoh 1035P printer/scanner/copy/fax machine at work that has a 40 gig document server built in.

I can scan in files to it and print them whenever I want...

7. Goonigoogoo

I'm looking for a printer that will store the invoice form in its memory to quicken the printing from a coutner sale. But i'm starting to think that a printer with a quick recovery from stand-by mode will be even faster. Postscript and PCL is a must though.