Digital videocameras < 500

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bbo, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bbo

bbo New Member

what's your preference ?
    options to look for/avoid? (hard drives worth it? ... what optical zoom is max practical ...?)
    brands that bring the joy/suck?

wifey wants to use part of the tax refund on a vid camera.

2. hellodon

hellodon

The canon line is pretty decent for the prices.

I grabbed a ZR830 and it's pretty nice. Its better than the 800 and supposedly even though its a step down, it's got the 850 beat.

There was also a Panasonic that I was looking into that has a 30GB drive on it but I heard it didnt play well with Macs so I went with Canon.

3. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

I've heard that MiniDV still beats out most camcorders with a hard drive; as far as quality goes that is.

4. ///M

///M New Member

:werd: not to mention the cameras are cheaper as well as the media itself (compared to a dvd camera :o)

also more resistant to shock/whatnot when compared to an HDD/minidvd camcorder

5. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (sprint moguLOL: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Sprint:pPC6800)

local sears has a samsung dvd camera regular 299 on clearance for 119 :noes:

I know samsung isn't known for their optics, and the reviews are so-so for this model but it's mad tempting at this price