A&P digital prints

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by j_woody, Sep 8, 2002.

1. j_woody

j_woody OT Supporter

is there any way to take pics with a digicam and get some good quality prints developed? I have some people who will pay me to take their senior pictures but all i ahve is digital cameras. I would need a bunch of different sizes and finishes and normal stuff for portraits. do any of you have any ideas of how I could do this?

i know a few internet sites offer prints but how good are they? and do local places offer digital developement also?

2. RedDemonSA

RedDemonSA Guest

well, I printed some of 4X6s from my wedding of of www.webphotos.com and they came back very very nice. & they were all taken 640 X 480 resolution.
    My cam is a 4 MP. I was really suprised with the quality. Very nice

3. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

I use DA Prints. When you sign up for a free account at Deviant ARt, you can post your work there for free. If you want prints, you have to pay a one time setup fee (~$25.00) to use it. You can upload the source file and have people order. I have ordered some of my own art and was impressed with the quality and price.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The picture of the hand and cross is 20x30 and cost $14 (you can buy your own work at cost). The other image is 10x15 and cost about $4.

If that does not work for you, you should be able to sign up at Photo Reflect and post your digital images in a library. They thumbnail and watermark your proofs and allow you to send out a link for people to order from. You are also able to organize them by events. I have not yet ordered a print from them...

4. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

Good digital prints are dependent on essentially ONE factor: resolution! Take pictures at the maxiumum resolution and you'll get good prints. The bigger the print size, the bigger the resolution of the original digital image needs to be.

5. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

Very good tip, indeed!

The picture above of the hand/cross is originally sized in the area of 6000x5000 at 300 DPI. DA Prints requires a certain DPI and aspect ratio in order to output high quality prints.