Digital camera

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bebe, Jan 6, 2005.

1. bebe

bebe New Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3865064455

I just bought that camera from ebay and I really have no ideal If Its a good one or not I'm not good at all that stuff. If you know anything about cameras can you please give me your advice/comments on that camera. I was also wondering On the box It says 9 scenes and panorama assistant what Is that..lol

Heres more Info on the camera:
    http://www.svp-tech.com/7370/pb.htm

(so sorry If this Is In the wrong spot. please move It)

2. raptor_talon

raptor_talon Who is the master? Sho'nuff!

Interpolation = bad. The camera's native resolution is about 3.2 Megapixels. Noname manufacture = not usually good.

IMO you would have been better off buying from a known/established manufacturer i.e. canon, sony, nikon, olympus, fuji, etc. If you'd asked OT before you bought we would have told you to buy an A70/75 or something similar.

Since you've already bought it, here's hoping it's a good cam.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  3. Invisible

Invisible Guest

It doesn't seem all that great.
    Fixed aperture, no optical zoom :sad2:

But it looks to be pretty cheap, so if you're just after a camera to take happy snaps or whatever it should be fine.

The crappy thing is, even though it says 7megapixels, it's really only 3.2, but the camera stretches the image to twice its size to mimick 7megapixels.

Seeing as you said you know nothing about cameras though, I'm guessing that your not going to use it for professional photography :o, so it should be ok :)

The 9 program modes, are for things like "outdoor", "portrait", "close up" and shots like that, it just tells the camera to change its settings for the correct photo.

The panorama assist helps you do panoramic shots, by aiding you to line up the next shot, it's pretty useful :)

4. bebe

bebe New Member

Thanks for the Info. I bought It without thinking I feel so stupid. Hopfully It will be an ok camera. Thanks again

5. Invisible

Invisible Guest

No probs.
    What are you intending to use the camera for anyway?
    For most simple thing it should be fine :)

6. bebe

bebe New Member

I sell stuff online. Thats my main reason but also to take pictures of my family and random things.

7. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Should be fine for those things then. I use a SD100 (3.2 MP) and the 3.2 MP clarity is good enough for those uses and then some. It is possible to take professional and artsy looking shots with a 3.2, but everything hasto be just right....

8. bebe

bebe New Member

Thanks I want to try professional photography I think It will be fun.